Dynadot

ON BEHALF OF THE NEXT GENERATION.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

IS DOMAIN INVESTING AN OLD MAN’S GAME?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • 🤬 YES! (NO YOUNGSTERS ALLOWED.)

• 😎 NO. (IT NEEDS YOUNGER PEOPLE.)

• 🤔 I HAVEN'T GIVEN IT MUCH THOUGHT.

• 🥶 I COULDN'T CARE LESS. I’M ALL FOR ME.

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

QUAD DOMAINS

Established Member
Impact
On behalf of the next generation, we ask:

👉 Will the legacy of domaining and the domain industry appeal to the next generation? Will the two capture the desire of young people to get involved?

👉 Have all the future prospects of the domain industry been thrown into the proverbial fire for the sake of narrowing the domain name value-spectrum?

👉 Do some domain investors castrate the possibility of new blood entering the domain space when they say things like “all the good names are registered”?

👉 Has domain investing culture become so self-serving the ideas and preferences of a younger demographic mean nothing if they don’t align with old-guard values?

👉 Is it possible the portfolios of domains that have been amassed won’t serve the future? Will they do nothing more than serve as an ode to the investing of past years?

👉 Does the domain investing space clearly being deficient of women, children and innovation serve as a sign it won’t have much of a place in tomorrow’s internet?

👉 Are domain investors actually doing their part to help move the domain space forward in a way that doesn’t make inclusive investing seem so far-fetched?

👉 Has the collective focus on registering, selling, trading, dropping and celebrating certain domains kept investment in the next generation almost non-existent?

👉 For those of us who care about what comes next, we have some valid questions to consider and answer….if we can.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Comes across as an ageist rant to me......

•••
•••
It needs imo also young and creative people ... GLTA

•••
🧠 Remember, a skewed interpretation can be the barrier to an accurate understanding.

🤝 Furthermore, the post is from elder statesmen to elder statesmen.

❤️ It was drafted with both an open-mind and open-heart.

🚫 An “ageist rant” it’s NOT. An inquiry about what “WE” are passing on it IS.

🌎 We don’t partake in ageism, racism etc. Discrimination has NO place in the world.

🙏 Peace and blessings to you.

Last edited:
•••
😪 Before any more downvotes and negative energy gets to flowing with this post, we respectfully ask that comments remain constructive and progressive.

🤔 The post consists of nothing but questions. Questions intended to make us all think about the future of “domaining beyond the sales”. Pardon us for caring that much.

🤝 Anyone who feels obliged to answer is valued. If you don’t feel obliged to do so, we still value you. We just ask that civility and respect remain the focus.

🚫 There was no Ill-intent with this post. We know everyone can’t be pleased. But we also know some choose to attack to avoid the important conversations.

🙏 Peace to all.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back