IT.COM

discuss Official Account of 190.com (Daniel Chen)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

190.com

190.comEstablished Member
190.com Staff
Impact
Hi everyone,

This account is the official of 190.com, if you have any questions that you want to ask Daniel, please feel free to leave the message or PM us. Daniel is looking forward to communicate with the domainers all over the world. :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Mr Chen do "english" words work in the .cn extension for china? We own DietPlans.cn also are you still buying .co? We own z80.co and plan to hold it for future investment-Thank you.

•••
@190.com

I have read that in China, many domain investors have begun exploring alternative ccTLD and gTLD domain names as investments. Do you have any idea which extensions other than .com and .cn that are becoming popular in China.

Also, I have read that .xyz and .club are somehow popular in China. Is this true? Or are there other extensions that Chinese domain investors are purchasing. I understand that .vc is being used too.

•••
.VC is real puzzle to me.

Chinese seem to be overpaying hugely for them. Can't see that many "Venture Capitalists" there willing to pay for/starting business on .vc

•••
.VC is real puzzle to me.

Chinese seem to be overpaying hugely for them. Can't see that many "Venture Capitalists" there willing to pay for/starting business on .vc
I think there may be some meaning or symbolism to .vc. No other way to explain the interest in .vc. Maybe chinese view .vc as Virtual China or something. Who knows.

•••
Mr Chen-we actually own a small hedge fund so domains are not really our business but we own the name
eGeGu.com Would this be a good name for us to use if we decide to expand into China? "gegu" of course being "shares in a public company" Thank you.

•••
190.com is doing free transfer for all 2n 3n 4n 2L 3L + 4L chip! free!!! party time!

•••
Hey Mr Chen,

What is your view on 5L Chips (with and without patterns)?

Do they will have any value in future?

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Congrats @190.com for lunching such an amazing market, I'm also waiting for the 1$ promotion to move my domain names into your platform.
I just need to mention that your website is really slow , may be for me , but it take a long time to load , is this temporary ? Also I have a question , what do you think of jiezhiriqi.com ? is it common in China ?!

•••
it is no longer 1usd, it is free now for 4L.com chip and many others

•••
Word of Caution: Don't jump into the opportunity just because it is free. Whenever any new service/product is launched, they are created with lot of hype/positive things. Intellegent people watch and analyse the newly launched service before deciding to use it.

Consider this: When a new car is launched, it is given lot of publicity, heavy discount and much hype is created. People starts booking the car in the hope to get it at discounted prices. Once they actually get a delivery of the car and after using it for few days, they find some technical faults or didn't like something or whatever. Now those intellegent people who didn't book the car and were waiting for the feedback/market report of the car got this news and they decided not to buy it. Those who booked the car and paid were regretting it.

So who won in the end? Those who were patient and were willing to pay a little more if the market report of the car is good.

Same case applies here. It's better to wait for a month or two to get the market report/people opinion about the site, instead of just jumping into it and handing over your precious domains to the newly launched company.

But in the end, it's your decision.Thanks

•••
Word of Caution: Don't jump into the opportunity just because it is free. Whenever any new service/product is launched, they are created with lot of hype/positive things. Intellegent people watch and analyse the newly launched service before deciding to use it.

Consider this: When a new car is launched, it is given lot of publicity, heavy discount and much hype is created. People starts booking the car in the hope to get it at discounted prices. Once they actually get a delivery of the car and after using it for few days, they find some technical faults or didn't like something or whatever. Now those intellegent people who didn't book the car and were waiting for the feedback/market report of the car got this news and they decided not to buy it. Those who booked the car and paid were regretting it.

So who won in the end? Those who were patient and were willing to pay a little more if the market report of the car is good.

Same case applies here. It's better to wait for a month or two to get the market report/people opinion about the site, instead of just jumping into it and handing over your precious domains to the newly launched company.

But in the end, it's your decision.Thanks

the good thing about domain investing is that there will be no faults, a free transfer won't hurt anyone, and you can transfer back to where you prefer after it. Also by transfering it to 190.com , you will have direct access to 1.5 million Chinese domainers.

ofc in the end, its your decision whether not to take this freebi or not. it is not a discount, it is free.

•••
the good thing about domain investing is that there will be no faults, a free transfer won't hurt anyone, and you can transfer back to where you prefer after it. Also by transfering it to 190.com , you will have direct access to 1.5 million Chinese domainers.

ofc in the end, its your decision whether not to take this freebi or not. it is not a discount, it is free.
"you will have direct access to 1.5 million Chinese domainers" etc How will you have access just by transferring the names? I would assume you'll have to then pay to auction them ( which is fine) but you are also giving the names over to a competitor when you transfer to 190.com are you not? Which is also fine as long as you understand that going in. 190.com is a buyer just like you in the market place. Also,notice how there are multiple questions sitting here unanswered for a few days now? Im sure 190.com is a great company and a great site but myself id agree-patience is advised here.

•••
Hello Mr. Chen @190.com,

What is your take on .in extension and do you anticipate entering .in market yourself?

Best regards,
Alex Kogan
HeavenDomains.com

•••

Then why are you not allowing 5L chips?

•••
190.com is a very impressive website :)

•••
Then why are you not allowing 5L chips?
you should ask them why not to have 5L COM CHIP free transfer, i guess it is coz there r 3.2 million 5Lchips out there, they must have a markecting fee of 25-30million usd just to have this 5L promotion. so at the moment, 4L chip is wise, 160k of them, 1ish million usd will enough to have this 4L chip promotion going.

•••
Hello, will the 190.com have QQ authentication? Thanks.

•••
•••
Indeed, 190.com is a quite impressive website, comparing to other Chinese registrars.

Has anybody noticed that their phone number: 400-079-8888 has been registered (4000798888) in multiple extensions?

Sign of the future trends?

•••
Hi Just viewed your site. :) I would like to know if you support all domains or if the focus is Chinese Premiums? Thanks..

•••
Hi Just viewed your site. :) I would like to know if you support all domains or if the focus is Chinese Premiums? Thanks..
Hi, we will support most of the domains and we aim to develop an international platform.

•••
Hi, we will support most of the domains and we aim to develop an international platform.
Hello and thank you-a well known Chinese broker has mentioned that he felt both .co and .ch have potential in China after .com and .cn. Will you support both those extensions whereas both have been around a very long time? Thank you.

Last edited:
•••
Hello and thank you-a well known Chinese broker has mentioned that he felt both .co and .ch have potential in China after .com and .cn. Will you support both those extensions whereas both have been around a very long time? Thank you.
yes, i will support both extensions in my platform in the near future.

•••
yes, i will support both extensions in my platform in the near future.
We own some of the very best aged pinyin names in .ch we'll probably move them to 190.com once you start to support the extension.Thank you.

•••
What about .org,.biz and .info?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back