Domain Empire

Offering email @mydomain

Spaceship
Watch

peterstannard

Account Closed
Impact
firstly merry christmas

ok onto my question, i'd like to buy a domain name for my next project. it will have to be either a .info or a .cc as i've check the availibilty in the whois records.

the main thing i want with the domain name though, is the ability to offer my users a free email address @mydomain.

i did this before with another domain using the free gawab.com service but it was plastered with ads and only gave you a measley 4mb of space.

so im just wondering if any know of any domain registration companies that offer unlimited webbased email addresses where my users will be able to fill in a signup form and sign up for an email address?

bear in mind im very poor so i'd say my budget was £20 per year for this.

a hard ask i know but your good lads.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can't get unlimited... Even if your budjet was 1,000,000 GBP you couldn't get unlimited. (Someone would probabally try to sell you "unlimited" but it's impossible)

•••
I dunno maybe your best bet is to buy a webhost and buy hivemail... would be costy but I cant think of any other ways of top of head maybe thtd be your best option

•••
•••
BuLLDoG said:
I dunno maybe your best bet is to buy a webhost and buy hivemail... would be costy but I cant think of any other ways of top of head maybe thtd be your best option

Yeah but then she'd also need servers, LOTS OF SERVERS, thats extreemally expensive.

I would say just get some cheep hosting and use it for pop3mail and have your members just use yahoo or something.

Last edited:
•••
you could get a host with about 100mb-200mb and 3gb bandwidth for £20 a year and then just get unlimited mailboxes and you could sell 10-20 with 10mb each and just give them the login like yourdomain.com:208? whatever the number is for mail

•••
Yeah but she said she needs an unlimited amount...

I don't think there is really is a way that will give you custom webbased mail that cheep...

Last edited:
•••
whats all this she business? im a he ;)

•••
•••
•••
•••
Well...you can get a webhost, choose a package with how much Space and B/W you want to get, and just add accounts in the cPanel (PM me for more info)

•••
get a cheap dedi with cpanel you can set up single email only accounts then and give users to control spam filters etc etc.

•••
If you know some PHP you could make a script that interacts with cPanel and create accounts through there.

•••
if u r going for the "unlinited e-mails account plan"
with cpanel..that would seem the best things to do right now.....
hivehosting.com.my

:)

•••
Hi, contact me and I help you set it up, we both register the domain for you and provide you with email space and hosting. and you get unlimited e-mail boxes but there will be a limit on the space and bandwidth.

anton at finexe.com
Finexe Web Services

•••
•••
Whatever you decide to do, you'll find a) you won't need as much space and bw as you might think because b) people will sign up for a free emailaddress and then rarely use it, if at all.

I averaged less than 2% retention for free email accounts in the past.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back