IT.COM

discuss Observation

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

johnn

WeSellName.comTop Member
Impact
Appraisal
- Everyone is an expert in appraisal here regardless of how long you are in the domain business.
- Apply this and it will be 99% true: $xx-$xxx to resellers ad $xxx-$x,xxx to end-users
- You can appraise someone else name but you have no clue about your own names

Domain Wanted
- Everyone is rich in this section as budget is in the $x,xxx
- When you send the names either there is no answer or low ball offers $10-$50 on a premium one word name
- People who sent PM never read the requirements - $90% of the time the names are craps

Experts
- You spend the time to Google and either post the information or reply to a question so you look cool!

Is the name Trade Mark?
- Yes it is - do not need to ask - Also a lot of people pretend they are lawyer and give advice.

Give Me A Break!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Domain Wanted

Nice observation, just want to add:
Most of these Millionaire buyers are Same Peoples who just want to buy different niche names after every 10 Days. And yes " PM Sent " is must, let the whole NP know I am Millionaire buying your domains. :xf.wink:
When there is another thread WTB these Millionaires buyers are first to post "PM Sent" :xf.laugh:

•••
Appraisal
- Everyone is an expert in appraisal here regardless of how long you are in the domain business.
- Apply this and it will be 99% true: $xx-$xxx to resellers ad $xxx-$x,xxx to end-users
That's why this is the free type of appraisal. If you want professional work, ask Eric. Everyone can offer his opinion. The ball is always in YOUR side to judge. It seems quite fair. Isn't it?

•••
I've got two hats for appraisals, and, as you can see from my avatar, another one for posting and evaluating opinions. I use my deerstalker hat for appraising names to buy, and this lets me see all the faults, and estimate the name as high £xx ( say ). Then I have my stetson for sales evaluations, and I can see that the name is as big as Texas, and must be worth high £xx,xxx.

•••
I've got two hats for appraisals, and, as you can see from my avatar, another one for posting and evaluating opinions. I use my deerstalker hat for appraising names to buy, and this lets me see all the faults, and estimate the name as high £xx ( say ). Then I have my stetson for sales evaluations, and I can see that the name is as big as Texas, and must be worth high £xx,xxx.

Please post photos of said hats with minimum cat within 24 hrs.

... Actually we like the cat. Post maximum cat.

Last edited:
•••
Your wish is my command

il_570xN.1229696065_qmya.jpg

•••
Appraisal

Domain Wanted
- When you send the names either there is no answer or low ball offers $10-$50 on a premium one word name
- People who sent PM never read the requirements - $90% of the time the names are craps

Experts
- You spend the time to Google and either post the information or reply to a question so you look cool!

Is the name Trade Mark?
- Yes it is - do not need to ask - Also a lot of people pretend they are lawyer and give advice.

Give Me A Break!

Mostly agree.

Except, with appraisals, I don't think it is 99%.

99% of time actually it is "zero value".

For remaining 1%, 99% of time it is true that reseller value is $xx to $xxx and $xxx to $xxxx to end users and 1% of that remaing 1% are names with reseller value of $xxxx to $xxxxx and higher.

•••
Is the name Trade Mark?

A lot of people truly care when a beginner makes a massive mistake and buys one or numerous trademarks thinking they thought of new hand reg's that nobody else before them thought of.

They have no idea the domains are available because they are trademarks and the smart domainers avoid them.

Sometimes it's the right thing to do to warn someone before they spend more money.

Just saying.....

•••
•••
•••
Appraisal

Domain Wanted

Experts

Is the name Trade Mark?

Give Me A Break!

This is how you know you have been doing this too long and you need a break. =P

Yes, a lot of it is very true... but I will bring up one thing on appraisals...

When we give out appraisal advice here, I would hope most of it is unbiased and we want to be helpful. I never put a number to it because i think it is all BS and only thing that matters is the buyer. Hence my "appraisal" is based on the potential market for the domain and what their economics are.

The other thing, we can appraise others but no clue on our own, is very true however.

Unless you have a liquid domain, or something generic with a market, ie 3L or 4L generics, (which have a stable value more or less), folks think their domain is the greatest domain ever.... but the smart folks know that they need feedback of others.

Unfortunately as I have spent more time again on this forum, it seems that I get more helpful insights from newbies who are still excited to be here than from the "witty" long time "experts" here who cannot put a post together without putting someone down or a sharp remark.

My favorite is users replying with "worthless" with no other comments or actual helpful advice to the new people here.

Truly the most helpful advice however is from folks I bought domains from and then got into deeper conversations about, or users who are really interested in learning.

•••
and I will say... as an owner of a 10 year old forum... this sentiment portrayed by OP is what kills the helpful feel of the community, and something that always bothered me... but I do understand it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back