IT.COM

new gtlds NYPost covers private .NYC domain auction

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
"A couple of days ago, someone I don’t know asked me if I could write about his .NYC domain name auction. I passed on writing an article about it. It looks like this person found a captive audience in the NY Post though, and the publication published an article about his 112 (now 111) .NYC domain name auction that is running on Flippa.

The NY Post wrote, “A Brooklyn accountant is hoping to spark a gold rush in Big Apple cyber real estate.
Recep Ozdincer dropped about $3,500 last year to buy 112 “.nyc” domain names — like billiard.nyc, halfmarathon.nyc, highfrequencytrading.nyc and rodents.nyc — and on Thursday kicked off an online auction for all of them
…” The article included more information about the domain names in the auction as well as some quotes from the domain owner."

Source: DomainInvesting

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Anyone joining the auction? What is your take on .NYC names?

•••
.NYC is good if you are targeting the traffic in NYC itself. If you posses a pub/local business in NYC, you may consider using .NYC to represent your business.

•••
Makes sense..I think .NYC has a huge potential in the long run. It will definitely improve the city and create new opportunities. It will be very interesting to watch the above Flippa auction on the last day!
This is the auction, currently at $26 with 2 bidders:

flippa.com/5165425-111-premium-nyc-domain-names-for-sale-own-a-piece-of-the-big-apple

•••
He has a no reserve auction for not very good .nyc names that he has paid out $3K plus for.

Lucky if this gets in to low $xxx ,limited market, big restrictions on ownership, generally below average names.

I guess any buyer will simply be looking for a few that are reasonable and simply drop the rest at renewal.

But simply my opinion.

•••
I see what you're saying. I think some of the names alone could potentially go about lower $xxx compared to sales made in the landrush and the Namescon. I personally like sewing.nyc and languageschool.nyc a lot and I believe these two alone could go around couple thousands. Either case, only time will show.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back