Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
Afternic listing: 20 million
Afternic.png

20 million x $10 reg fee per year = $200 million
20 million x $500 the average asking price = $10 billion
Reported sales (per year) via Namebio, Escrow, Twitter, NP, etc. = Total $ ?

It takes an average of X hours (call / emails attempts) per domain to reach a prospect.
What is the average number of sales you make per year /conversion rate?

an.png

(img src Twitter)

2014: 5.7 M
2015: 8.5 M
2016: 9.3 M
2017: 11.5 M
2018: 12.5 M
2019: 14.2 M
2020: 13.7 M
2021: 20 M

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Heavy figures. I'm quite picky with what I like, also one of those weird people that "buys what I love", regardless of sales. In terms of my sales, not much in comparison to the provider mentioned, at all. I'll get the odd few serious offers, on a "handful" of names in a year

•••
Heavy figures. I'm quite picky with what I like, also one of those weird people that "buys what I love", regardless of sales. In terms of my sales, not much in comparison to the provider mentioned, at all. I'll get the odd few serious offers, on a "handful" of names in a year

Buyers will fall in love with your domain when they can imagine/associate themselves. When the time comes, make sure you're truly ready to sell. (Loving Too Much: In 2012, I made a big mistake by not letting go my LL com for H7Fig. )

•••
  • As long as you sell one or two a year, the cost is covered and you may even make a profit.
  • This is the benefit of mass domain name registration

•••
  • As long as you sell one or two a year, the cost is covered and you may even make a profit.
  • This is the benefit of mass domain name registration

Not sure about the "cost is covered" part, ... most of the T2 & T3 domains can't meet the buyer for years. Ppl need a specialized distribution partners (funnel agencies), not platforms. Anyhow, ...

March 15 - 25
In 10 days + 183,644 domains listed at Afternic
Some ppl don't take this numbers seriously and can't understand what it means.
If you're new to domain name investing; Bubble!

anstatsa.jpg

•••
Not sure about the "cost is covered" part, ... most of the T2 & T3 domains can't meet the buyer for years. Ppl need a specialized distribution partners (funnel agencies), not platforms. Anyhow, ...

March 15 - 25

Show attachment 186050

GoDaddy recently retired their premium listings. That could easily explain why more new domains were added to Afternic than usual recently.

Brad

•••
GoDaddy recently retired their premium listings. That could easily explain why more new domains were added to Afternic than usual recently.

Brad

GD customers have hope too > Bait > inject hope > pump and less renewal dump > aftermarket > more $%

IMO

GoDaddy Inc (GDDY) Q4 2020 Earnings Call Transcript

" Our new List for Sale tool has also seen an incredible first inning. This tool lets customers with unused domain names list them in our aftermarket and in just three months, we've seen over 350,000 domains get listed. The outcome here is a continued acceleration in this business as more customers are matched with better offerings and are exposed to attach opportunities as well. Most of the financial impact of this accelerating innovation in domains is still to come and we are confident that the outperformance we have seen in this category will continue well beyond 2021. "

link

Regards

Last edited:
•••
•••

March 15 - 25

Show attachment 186050
Ppl need specialized distribution partners, not platform..
This was scary.. because you have a point there I hate to admit!

•••
Afternic listing: 20 million
Show attachment 185257

20 million x $10 reg fee per year = $200 million
20 million x $500 the average asking price = $10 billion
Reported sales (per year) via Namebio, Escrow, Twitter, NP, etc. = Total $ ?

It takes an average of X hours (call / emails attempts) per domain to reach a prospect.
What is the average number of sales you make per year /conversion rate?

Show attachment 185263
(img src Twitter)

2014: 5.7 M
2015: 8.5 M
2016: 9.3 M
2017: 11.5 M
2018: 12.5 M
2019: 14.2 M
2020: 13.7 M
2021: 20 M

Where does the average $500 come from? I'd expect the average to be in low $xxxx?

Given that the 20 mill is a mixed bag of investment grade (those with 1% STR at reasonable price) and pure trash, the overal STR could be in 0.4%-0.6% region.

I'd estimate 20 mil * 0.5% * $1500 = $150 mil gross annual sales and around $30 mil Afternic gross commission (minus sharing with the network partners of around $5-8 mil). So net to Afternic around $22-25 mil.

•••
Hi

what would be the ( +/- ) factor for obsolete listings or those that are no longer owned by account holder?

imo.....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back