Dynadot

information Top 10 Largest TLDs by Number of Reported Domain Names:

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

makki

Established Member
Impact
As of Dec. 31, 2023, the 10 largest TLDs by number of reported domain names were .com, .cn, .de, .net, .org, .uk, .nl,.ru, .br and .au
Top 10 Largest TLDs by Number of Reported Domain Names.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is there the same connection beetween total sales in those TLDs?

•••
There is certainly a connection, because if there was no demand for these extensions, they wouldn't have been registered.

•••
There is certainly a connection, because if there was no demand for these extensions, they wouldn't have been registered.
I mean in sales total. Maybe in number of sales, because of number of registered names, but domains in what TLDs now worth the most?

•••
Domains with (.com & .Ai) extension are the most valuable domains, But for (.Ai), the highest sales are for one dictionary word names.
TOP 10 (.Ai) domain sales FEB 2024.png

Last edited:
•••
As of Dec. 31, 2023, the 10 largest TLDs by number of reported domain names were .com, .cn, .de, .net, .org, .uk, .nl,.ru, .br and .au
Yes, a clear indicator of the Investment level (and interest) in these extensions but I wouldn't go so far as to interpret it as reflective of resales. Perhaps more reflective of the number of those active in the registration arena.

One could easily interpret it as the "Money to burn" by geographic location indicator

Last edited:
•••
Maybe I misunderstood your question, so I had to correct my answer.
The number of domain name registrations has no connection to the number of resales.
For example, there have been 1,461 reported aftermarket sales of (.cn) domains since 2005, so this small number doesn't reflect the huge registration volume for this extension.

•••
Yes, a clear indicator of the Investment level (and interest) in these extensions but I wouldn't go so far as to interpret it as reflective of resales. Perhaps more reflective of the number of those active in the registration arena.

One could easily interpret it as the "Money to burn" by geographic location indicator

•••
•••

No, there's a connection in usage/development.

.nl is a fine example. Mature ccTLD , tiny population but beats most other ccTLDs.

•••
good to see .au on the chart

Cheers
Corey

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back