IT.COM

NP$ is losing its value?!?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hey guyz, i just visited the NPExchange area and found that most of the listed offers are still there since i registered here.
Is it like no-one buys NP$ ?
After the closing of domain registrations by namepros, registerbird started its service but now, it is also closed..
On whole, it seems like NP$ is just continously losing its value. Will namepros do nothing to make NP$ regain its importance?

For example, namepros can introduce actions in exchange of NP$ such as custom title, something different in the signatures like a small image space or anything like that which can encourage people to buy or earn NP$?
Look at the NP incentive section. Very less people are now doing jobs for NP$ as compared to some time back. The only reason is that they cant make use of that NP$ other than to list it for sale where nobody is interested to buy it!
I know that namepros is mainly a domain discussion board but still something should be done na?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There are a few options that you can use your NP$ for at this time, they can be found at this link http://www.namepros.com/npshop.php

We are just finishing up the coding for our new auction system. Once that is completed and we are running regular auctions, NP$ will be used more often to pay for name won and fees etc.

Thank you for your input, if you have any other ideas as to what we could offer at the NP$ Shop let me know.

Have a great and productive week!

~Rachel

•••
After the closing of domain registrations by namepros, registerbird started its service but now, it is also closed..

Actually, RegisterBird has provided it's register domains with NP$ program for almost 2.5 years now. But yes, it is unfortunate that we had to temporarily suspend the program. We will consider reopening it if the value of NP$ rises again. One of the biggest uses of NP$ were the domain auctions that occured on a regular basis. NP$ was used as a method of payment for the listing fee and a method of payment for domains won. There were also more items in the namepros stores back then. Hopefully the namepros economy gets better soon.

You can still however register and renew domains directly from registerbird. We still offer great prices. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back