vip-ip

Account Closed
Impact
Do you think these prices are OK?

100 mb space + 2 gb bandwidth = 200 np$
250 mb space + 5 gb bandwidth = 400 np$
500 mb space + 10 gb bandwidth = 800 np$

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well, they're expensive IMO, but if you want people to buy it, you'll have to back the price up with quality support and service, and then maybe people will be interested in your deal.

•••
I definitely am backing it all up! But after all, with around 10-15 posts a day it's like having hosting for free! ;) So it benefits me, and NPers.

I will have 6-hours response time at max, and I'm online from 3PM to 11PM, and in the morning - so I have time to respond to all support issues. I will also allow phone support on week ends, and IM support for every person, too. I have already been hosting sites, but my busines died because my reseller account was awful. This time, I'm making the right choice with PolurNET ;)

•••
Yes, definatly too much! You need to offer cheap prices. And maybe a monthly pay.

•••
Prices are fine. Too many people have set up cheap NP hosts here and died months later.

Having a higher price should make it more sustainable.

•••
Agreed, your prices are fine.

•••
Thanks :) I am welcoming more opinions, besides I might drop them a bit before I start this service.

Another question: would you be interested? :blink:

•••
You dont mention - Are they Yearly or Monthly rates ? Single Domains or Add ons ?

Maybe more info would assist people in deciding -

•••
all4cost said:
You dont mention - Are they Yearly or Monthly rates ? Single Domains or Add ons ?

Yeah alittle more info, and yes I might be interested, I am always on the look out for quality hosts :D

•••
id drop them 50 np$ for the first month then maybe higher them

•••
all4cost said:

Montly rates obviously, single domain + addons for 25 np$ extra. Buy 4 get 5th free :gl: cPanel included

•••
Hey,

You seam to offer too little bandwidth for 200NP$. Maybe you need to revise your prices or what you offer in these price range :)

Good luck!

SW

•••
that is quite good knowing that hosting is available via $np and it's amazing how $np is worth so much.

•••
Perhaps you can start a low np$ introductory offer...

•••
a bit cheaper, and id probably be interested :D

•••
Also prices can fluctuate. I mean one person might be willing to pay more then the next person. If you want people to join offer up like a 25% off deal for this opening month. That is what I did and I already have people biting.

•••
I do not understand: I have lowered the prices and more than DOUBLED the bandwidth in another thread (closed by admins, thanks, I really think I shouldn't have doubled thwo same threads), and it's still expensive? That is weird

•••
vip-ip said:
I do not understand: I have lowered the prices and more than DOUBLED the bandwidth in another thread (closed by admins, thanks, I really think I shouldn't have doubled thwo same threads), and it's still expensive? That is weird

Not really. You're talking to potential customers, they want lower prices.

You have to balance your prices with what you can provide, make sure you don't compromise your quality of service because you lowered prices. I guarantee you, and I don't know any of the others who have posted in this thread, but they will all jump ship for a more expensive host with higher QOS when your service turns to crap.

•••
As a owner of a NP$ host I know that it is a tricky biz.
The prices are cheap but I do offer very good support via diffrent forms, PM is always good and so is msn. They are good prices if you want to have a totaly NP$ based hosting site but if your offering USD hosting you should lower the prices.

•••
Well, you've got to consider who you are catering to when it comes to selling NP$ hosting. This applies to selling hosting for dollars as well.

It's safe to say that cheaper prices attract cheaper people. Right now, your cheapest plan comes out to $3.40/month or 200 posts a month which is cheap in the hosting industry for such a small package. IMHO this is a fair price given the fact that it doesn't necessarily cost the person paying for it a thing. 200 posts a month here at a thriving forum is nothing.

Getting back to the point though, listening to your customers and especially potential customers can only go so far. Ultimately, they don't have your interests at heart. They want the best deal they can get for the cheapest price and they could care less how much you get out of it. That's where you have to know your costs and make the right decisions which is all part of running a business.

NP$ hosting is a tough arena because generally these are the people who like free hosting and want it all for virtually nothing. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying all NP$ clients are bad, it's just the mentality behind it. A NP$, unlike money, can be earned with relatively little effort. Afterall, if you signup to post at a forum it's probably because you enjoy posting.

•••
what i dont get, is the fact in another thread (about 3 threads down from this one) you were aasking how to host people

you could offer me 1 np$ for 1gb pscae and 20gb traffic and it still wont be any good if you dont even no how to handle any of my problems i might encounter

•••
slantednet said:
Not really. You're talking to potential customers, they want lower prices.

You have to balance your prices with what you can provide, make sure you don't compromise your quality of service because you lowered prices. I guarantee you, and I don't know any of the others who have posted in this thread, but they will all jump ship for a more expensive host with higher QOS when your service turns to crap.

In that case, maybe it's the wrong place to look for customers.

The price depends entirely on your marketing stratagy. Are you going for the "cheap" marketing stratagy? In which case you HAVE to be the cheapest.
If your going for quality, then you HAVE to provide the best customer support.

A mix of the two never really works well....

•••
135791 said:
what i dont get, is the fact in another thread (about 3 threads down from this one) you were aasking how to host people

you could offer me 1 np$ for 1gb pscae and 20gb traffic and it still wont be any good if you dont even no how to handle any of my problems i might encounter

I wasn't asking how to HOST people, I was asking on how to market it so a dedicated server pays off for itself. That's a lot different. Since I'm not asking about that in this thread, please keep responses on topic.

•••
vip-ip said:
135791 said:

I wasn't asking how to HOST people, I was asking on how to market it so a dedicated server pays off for itself. That's a lot different. Since I'm not asking about that in this thread, please keep responses on topic.

O_o have it your way then, i was just pointing it out, sorry if i made a mistake

•••
Yes, I admit I don't know how to manage a dedicated server, because I've never had one yet. That's why I was asking about that in another thread, to see if it's worth getting.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back