Domain Empire

Wiredtree VS knownhost VPS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have read many positive reviews about wiredtree and knownhost VPS But like know any NP members use these. If you do plz share your experience. These are the packages which I would go for,

wiredtree -

* Intel Dual Xeon Harpertown
* 512MB Guaranteed SLM RAM
* 40GB RAID-10 Disk Space
* 1000GB Bandwidth
* 4 Dedicated IPs
* cPanel / WHM (VPS Optimized)
* Virtuozzo 4 with Power Panel
* Fantastico, RVSkin, WHMCS Available
* Base Price: $49/month

knownhost -

RAM - 384 MB
RAID-10 Disk Space - 20 GB
Premium Bandwidth - 400 GB
Dedicated IP addresses - 2
Root access / SSH
Virtuozzo PowerPanel
cPanel/WHM
Price - 35$

So which is the best option price vs features ?

I have a forum in Godaddy economy Shared hosting account and and They asked me to upgrate it to dedi or move out. So Now I'm thought pick one of these.

Godaddy has VPS too

*10 GB Disk Space
*500 GB Bandwidth
* 256 MB RAM Guaranteed / (1 GB RAM Bursted)
*Linux: CentOS or Fedora
*3 Dedicated IPs
price 30$

I'm not sure this Godaddy VPS would work or not so ..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
KnownHost, KnownHost and KnownHost. ;)

Both are great VPS companies, but I've been with KH for years without any problems. A stellar company.

Avoid a GoDaddy VPS.

The likes of KnownHost and WiredTree are many times better than GoDaddy when it comes to quality hosting :)

•••
Indeed, both are known to be good providers. Over at webhostingtalk.com (offers section) you might find some coupons making the deals seriously better, as well as the offers of some other competitors (liquidweb, servint, futurehosting, etc)

•••
I got a server with wired tree that runs good, I am debating grabbing one at liquid web at the end of the month just for comparison, if you do decide to go with wired tree I'll try to find the coupon I used which gave me a better deal, I think wired tree, liquid web, knownhost and servint should all be pretty decent.

•••
I would agree about knownhost reviews. On the WHT I have seen some and all were positive

•••
I have seen knowhost is good by the reviews. Have never had any personal experience with them

•••
So what the choice was?

•••
it seems he is in the middle of making decision as he has not posted here yet

•••
For getting cheap VPS go for Knownhost... no competitor for it..

But if you can raise your budget then surely go for only wiredtree

•••
I've been with WiredTree and they're rock solid. I'd definitely recommend their service to anyone.

•••
We decided go for Wiredtree because you get 60 GB space and 768MB Guaranteed SLM RAM. Its 50$ per month but there are more features too.

After few months I'm going to get a knownhost VPS too. But I'm not sure this 384 MB RAM won't slow down hosting when You can cpanel/WHM.

•••
Both are very much reputable companies, WiredTree's support is legendary, I once owned a managed hybrid with them and asked lots of questions cause' it's my first time with WHM / cPanel and every time they responded to my tickets within 5 - 15 minutes, 24 / 7. Every damn time. If you do go with them, use these coupons to get some nice deals. From personal experience, their uptime is pretty good as well.

Knownhost is known for its uptime, just look at here: Virtual Private Hosting - Hyperspin Website Monitoring, Web Server Monitoring Service
With over 100 servers monitored, in the past 600 days, the uptime is 99.996%, which is consistently outstanding and quite impressive. Not hosting any sites with them right now, but I'd very probably go with their shared plan for future projects.

•••
immediate please do not get offended but due to the thread date I suppose OP has already made the choice of the web hosting company

•••
I see you are comparing 2 different VPS solutions and that's why they are different by the price. I think you need to chose the one which is closest for you by the requirements.

•••
I would go with WiredTree as they have superior support in my opinion. The price more than makes up for it.

•••
Never get CPANEL VPS with less then 512MB RAM

•••
•••
•••
well,it does say 256mb minumum on cpanel website
System Requirements - cPanel Inc.

I had cpanel VPS with 384MB ram with reputable hosting provider and it was slow.
Unless of course you are running low traffic non database websites.

It won't use that much memory on a VPS version of cPanel: VPS Optimized - cPanel Inc.

We haven't had any problems with VPSs running cPanel with 384mb of memory (we have over two dozen of them). It depends mainly on your own site's resource usage as to whether performance will be good or not.

•••
Best bet go with Wired Tree.

I wouldn't recommend running cPanel on anything less than 512MB really. Next thing you know, you are writing a negative review.

•••
We are currently paying over 12 dollars a month for hosting online for our site. We considering switching because we only get low volumes. Any suggestions?

•••
We are currently paying over 12 dollars a month for hosting online for our site. We considering switching because we only get low volumes. Any suggestions?
You will have to be more specific about your requirements. Best to open a new thread, though.

•••
By the way I won't recommend less than 512MB on a VPS.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back