Dynadot

Not can transfer out from GoDaddy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Today i go to tansfer out a domain from godaddy that is expired on 26 may 2017

New registrar need send a verification email at whois email but godaddy have change whois and my email not figure in whois.

How now i can transfer out this domain ?

i have auth code but in whois not have my email.

Attachments

• 2017-06-08.png
    2017-06-08.png
    191.4 KB · Views: 14
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You need to renew it before tansfer out.
then whois will be updated to yours.

•••
Yup you need to renew one more time at GoDaddy prices so they can make sure to bleed you one last time.

I love godaddy services but their pricing sucks

•••
Don't renew! That's horrible advice. Just submit the transfer with auth code at your new registrar. You have plenty of time. As long as the domain is unlocked don't worry about the whois.

•••
If, they didn't change whois to their's 90% of people would transfer-out in the window if the domain is in redemption status to avoid the $80 fee. Hopefully, your domain expired rather recently so you can renew without extra fee.

•••
Also, consider contacting godaddy to see if their is any way they will let you transfer-out..

•••
Don't renew! That's horrible advice. Just submit the transfer with auth code at your new registrar. You have plenty of time. As long as the domain is unlocked don't worry about the whois.
How can he click the confirmation link in the transfer authorisation email if he doesn't receive the email?

•••
Also, I see the domain in the picture rum*** and I personally don't think it's worth renewing.

•••
Also, I see the domain in the picture rum*** and I personally don't think it's worth renewing.

I tend to agree - the Ru(tpy) (H2O)2]O4þ ion may not be a top selling product. :)

•••
How can he click the confirmation link in the transfer authorisation email if he doesn't receive the email?
I could be wrong, but I think the OP is concerned because Godaddy's email shows in the whois, but that's always the case with expired domains and the email will (should) go through.

•••
u should be okay
this is just some default whois masking for expired gd domains
your info is still under it somewhere.. so not changed.

gd lets people transfer out til day 40 or so.
they've been doing it for ages.. and 100s or thousands of their clients start expired domain transfers daily.. and while it may change one day.. I do not predict it'll be soon, and I do not predict it'll happen without some sort of warning or headsup for domainers.

but always good to confirm above with @Joe Styler

cheers

•••
^^^^^ yeah, 40 days. I can never friggin remember the correct number. Maybe 43.

•••
It's a super simple process to transfer it out. Go into your domain manager and in the upper left hand corner under the godaddy logo select domains>expired domains once there click on the domain and then click unlock after that click on email authorization code. After they email the code go to Name.com and select Transfer and pay $8.25 they then they send you an email to authorize the transfer and follow the instructions. Normally takes less than a couple hours. Super easy process to do.

After XX days, GoDaddy sometimes changes the administrative e-mail of expired names to something like redemptionATgodaddy.com so it becomes impossible to respond to the transfer request from the other registrar and complete the transfer.

No it couldn't have been. I clicked the email authorization code link and received it right away so the email had to still be my whois. Maybe during the expiration/auction/closeout process it has the redemption email and once the auction/closeout process completes it reverts back to the original whois.

The whois will change back if you want to transfer it out. All you need to do is follow the steps for transferring out expired domains l just put in the comment above.

I added the bold and strikethru parts above

Here's more from @Joe Styler :
It is not manual https://www.godaddy.com/help/get-an-authorization-code-to-transfer-expired-domains-19989 explains the process. If the names are expired there is a slightly different process. And you can always download it if you don't want to wait for the email. https://www.godaddy.com/help/get-authorization-code-via-download-19030

@italsat - Who is the gaining registrar? The only issue I know of is if you had PRIVACY on before all this happened - is that true?

Last edited:
•••
i have write godaddy and the issue is whois.com , if i look at who.is the whois look ok .
when the domain was pushed to me the name of old registrant not have change , i use a new registrar that need write manually the whois info and i missed 2 time. I need resend tomorrow transfer request . I think will be ok , i update tomorrow the post , thanks for all the reply.

•••
Hi, I'm sorry that I wrote it out of my experience.

I checked godaddy help and found this.

Domains Help[GoDaddy]

Transferring Expired Domain Names

If your domain name has expired, you can still transfer it to another registrar during the renewal grace period.

If your expired domain has Private Registration enabled, you will not be able to transfer it. Privacy cannot be removed from an expired domain.

You must complete the transfer during its grace period before the domain name falls into "redemption," which is when the domain name begins its transfer back to the registry for someone else to register it. The length of the grace period differs by domain name extension. Most general top-level domain name extensions (gTLDs) like .com and .net have a 42-day grace period between expiration and redemption. Country-code extensions (ccTLDs) like .ca and .jp might have very different grace periods or no grace period at all.

•••
The "Email Authorization" button serves the dual purpose of both emaiing you the auth code and changing the whois back to your info so that you can complete the transfer away from godaddy..

•••
It looks like the correct answers have been provided already thanks everyone.

•••
your info is still under it somewhere.

•••
Bingo .this guy knows what hes talking about

•••
@Joe Styler - only thanks to you having answered these questions hundreds of times before : smile :

@italsat - looks like you were successful
Registrar: REGISTER.IT S.P.A.
Expires: Saturday, May 26, 2018 | Updated: Saturday, June 10, 2017

PS @forge @alcy - the actual days at GD issues was answered direct by Paul Nicks - it finally made sense why there was so much confusion.

The window is NOT exact, because GD processes so many domains AND you must be aware if your domain went to auction, you lose a day

Originally posted by Paul Nicks

https://www.namepros.com/posts/5983413/

Each registrar is charged a full renewal by the registry on the day the domain expires. The registry then grants the registrar 45 days in which they can ask for a refund for that renewal, if the registrar waits until the full 45 days are up they are pretty much stuck with the name. So, each registrar has different rules around how long during that 45 day window they keep the name renewed, which I know causes some confusion.

For GoDaddy, starting on day 26 post-expiry we try to find a new owner for the name via our GD Auctions system (after many attempts to get the original registrant to renew it). Our auctions + closeout period lasts 15 days (day 41 post expiry) so we typically award the domain to the auction winner on day 42. On day 43 we take the domains we didn't find a new home for and request a refund from the registry.

We process through tens of thousands of domains each day, so there are inevitably slowdowns or delays in our processing that sometimes pushes the refunds back to day 44. These potential delays are why we timed it out to day 43 originally, so we'd have a little cushion prior to getting stuck with the domains on day 45.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back