Dynadot

discuss No sales worry

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Richbillionaire

Established Member
Impact
So have been in the business for a month plus using the playbook from different resources I have read.
Got about 13 domains all in king from different niches and domain types but yet to make a sale.
The worst part is I have not gotten any reply on all my outbounds.
For those that have had this experience, kindly share how to persevered and what motivated you to continue.....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You need to use math: average STR for good porfolios in "king" is 1% for any given year, at least this I have read here at Namepros from fellow domain investors who do .com names.

This means when you have 100 domain names, you will sell 1 domain name per year in average.

This also means when you have 13 domain names, you will sell 1 domain name each 7 years....

So it is very soon to worry after 1 month about sales. If no sales after 7 years, then you can start worry about quality of your portfolio (just joking a little here obviously, but this is the math and reality of domain investing)

GL :)

•••
Lol that made me laugh
I get the point.
Thank you

You need to use math: average STR for good porfolios in "king" is 1% for any given year, at least this I have read here at Namepros from fellow domain investors who do .com names.

This means when you have 100 domain names, you will sell 1 domain name per year in average.

This also means when you have 13 domain names, you will sell 1 domain name each 7 years....

So it is very soon to worry after 1 month about sales. If no sales after 7 years, then you can start worry about quality of your portfolio (just joking a little here obviously, but this is the math and reality of domain investing)

GL :)

•••
If you are expecting sales from a pool of only 13 domains in just over a month, then the issue is unrealistic expectations.

Brad

•••
Let's see the 13 domains.

Last edited:
•••
So have been in the business for a month plus using the playbook from different resources I have read.
Got about 13 domains all in king from different niches and domain types but yet to make a sale.
The worst part is I have not gotten any reply on all my outbounds.
For those that have had this experience, kindly share how to persevered and what motivated you to continue.....
Are you only doing outbound?
Are they listed on places like Sedo, Godaddy , etc?

Might be a good idea, to lurk this thread to see what has been selling and where..
https://www.namepros.com/threads/report-completed-domain-name-sales-here.83628/page-749

•••
The 1-2% STR (Sell-Through-Rate) is generally the passive sales (no outbound) expectation on good portfolios that are well priced and listed at all the various aftermarket venues.

If you actively outbound, then you should get a higher rate, bearing in mind you actually have good domains and your pricing is reasonable. Also bear in mind that outbound usually results in a lower sales price on average, so you actually need a slightly higher rate to equal what you would have sold for in terms of dollar amounts compared to passive sales (incoming buyers only).

All that said .. I think the other potential issue is that for most new domainers .. the actual quality of their domains is quite a bit lower than they think (particularly their first few). So while I hate to assume your domains aren't good, given the odds for new domainers as a whole, they probably aren't great (NOTHING personal there .. lol). You might want to post a couple of them in the appraisals section to see what others think.

Anyhow .. good luck on getting your first sale sooner than later! :)

•••
If I were a rich billionaire I wouldn't worry that much about sales :)

•••
•••
Here you go,
Americafoodbank
Baltimorepetsitters
Californiasportscenter
Catcarers
Ohiohomemovers
Laredopools
Munichpersonaltrainer - org, de, net has been taken
Dallasenergycompany
Pillfindr
Jeeprepairs - before I figured out trademarks
WiFisecuritysystem
Westseattleplumbing
Digitalsignagekiosks
Edmontontutor
Yonkerslandscaping
Smithgaragedoors
Oaklandnursinghome
Elpasohandymanservices
Elpasoscreenprinting

loool they are actually more than 13 but what do you think 🤔

Let's see the 13 domains.

•••
The #1 most important thing is to contact the right person at the company, the decision maker....

Check the company exec team on their website, Google, Bloomberg, Yahoo finance etc and find someone who can make the call on whether to buy the name (ie the business development manager, CEO etc). For example, If you Google "Cisco Executive team" for instance, it comes up with this - https://newsroom.cisco.com/exec-bios, so its not hard to find the right person. If you Google "Cisco Email format", it comes up with this - https://rocketreach.co/cisco-email-format_1063
So its not hard figure out the person's email either. I find LinkedIn a very useful resource for this.

For smaller companies that may not be in Bloomberg or Yahoo Finance etc, sometimes you can google something like "company name CEO" or look on LinkedIn and then find the persons name and then work out the email from there.

This is just what works for me

1) Email end-users with a short to-the-point email offering them your name

2) Ensure you have a decision-maker in the company, DONT just use the WHOIS email, most of the time it will get ignored/deleted - Use LinkedIn, Bloomberg, yahoo Finance, Company site, Google etc to find out who the CEO, Business Development Manager is and contact them directly

3) Be patient, they dont always reply straight away (if at all) - Don't flood them with emails if they dont reply

4) Be polite and professional at all times, thank them for their time if they aren't interested, you never know if they might need/want the name later on.

5) Use Escrow for sales, it provides them with a level of security when dealing with someone they dont know, especially if you have contacted them first.

6) Send an email after the Escrow transaction asking them if they have the name in their account, thank them for their time, wish them all the best in the future etc...I think politeness and professionalism goes a long way in this industry, especially with the all the scammers online these days

Hope that helps, good luck

•••
I think that the price is always matters. I mean your domain name or domain names worth as much as real people are ready to pay for that.
Also that would be not a bad idea to have your homework made and prepare some instructions for the domains where and how they can be used.

•••
Back