Dynadot

No sale for 1 month, how do you motivate yourself?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domain Monk

Mindful DomainingTop Member
Impact
No sale for 1 month, how do you otivate yourself?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I was very stupid in buying but I have been lucky enough to have some good sales in 2018 up to now.

•••
I blare Fleetwood Macs' Go your own way and replace the words with, Yer gonna sell a domain - Sell a domaiiaiin! Works like magic.

•••
no sales one month is just like your stocks not going up for one month...I was speaking with a domain titan a few weeks ago and surprised to discover he was listed on over 29 marketplaces...how many places are your names listed?

•••
I know there more places you have your domain names listed on the better (more eye balls on your name) but i cant even imagine having all my names listed on 29 marketplaces it's just to much time consuming to list new names, delete hold ones that sold or expired, taking in consideration the comissions that every marketplaces have, see which one as the BIN price and to be careful not to put 2 BIN in different marketplaces.

All of this consumes much time and the benefits may not be that rewarding.

Maybe because of sellers of big portfolios listing their names on over 29 marketplaces is the reason why i have to contact almost every marketplace to delete from their platform the names that i caught or bought because i'm the new owner and the old one forgot to delete them.

•••
Does that include no inquiries and/or offers? I have not had a sale in a while, but I have had several negotiations, many inquiries, and a lot of low-ball offers.

So I constantly try to work on my negotiation skills (keep text files for replies to offers so I can copy/paste them when replying to inquiries/offers from my MarketPlace).

I also work on my marketplace. Was deciding between Efty and ToughDomains. I decided to renew with Efty for another year. But I might switch If there's no new release soon (I keep hearing they are working on several of the features that have been requested).

And I have started to consolidate registrars. I had domain names at 6 different registrars, so as names expire at some registrars, I am transferring them to two of my favorites. My ultimate goal will be only two registrars in the end...

Regards,
DN
Nice strategy.Do you mind sharing the features you were looking for at Efty?
If possible can you shed some light on other problems you've faced as a domainer.

•••
Nice strategy.Do you mind sharing the features you were looking for at Efty?
If possible can you shed some light on other problems you've faced as a domainer.

Some of my basic asks are:
1) Ability to customize the "Premium Domains" order on the market place landing page
2) Make my own categories
3) Assign one name to multiple categories (currently a name can only be in one category)
4) SSL for actual landing pages (not just Market Place Landers)
5) Efty Marketplace to list all names from Efty Subscribers as a Market Place for Domain Names (if opted in)

And there's a lot more requests from many users found here ---> Efty review

A lot of domainers list their names on multiple market places (Sedo, Afternic, Flippa Auctions, etc...). I don't do that at the moment, so that could be a reason for slower sales for me. My personal issue is the high commission fees to pay those market places. I am waiting for Efty's new release, but I am also keeping an eye on ToughDomains as they build their MarketPlace. Basically, whoever can build a MarketPlace and make it big enough through SEO, Advertising, etc... to get more eyes/buyers, I will go with them for my personal market place. I see that ToughTomains might have lured the portfolio of some of the biggest names in the industry (I see H a p p y B i r t h d a y .com listed on their beta Marketplace). So if my names can be mixed in with the top guys, I'm signing up...

There are many threads here in the forums for Domaining "Do's and Don'ts", or general tips. When you get time search on them as they provide valuable information and strategies from great folks here...

All the Best!
DN

•••
I started domaining with $50 in 2016 starting purchased 50 domains with $1 Netsol promo . Now i have 300+ Domains and sold 10 domains in 2018 for $4000 , I think i did homework well , still Buying more domains . This month is not good enough but hope for best .

Regards

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back