NameSilo

No logo or a bad logo to sell a domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Lately there have been many sites popping up selling domains and the one thing that most of them have in common is really bad logos.

Personally I think having a bad logo is worse than having no logo. Bad logos make names look cheap in my opinion.

What are your thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I really don't think the logo will make a scrap of difference. If you pay the money for a good domain it will sell on it's own merits. It's the same for any product or service you put to market. If it's good it will sell -- if it's not an outstanding product you won't make a sale.

There's one exception to the rule. It's called branding.

However, do you know how much it costs to brand a product ? A 100 K won't even scratch the surface. A bad domain (or business) is the killer -- not the logo IMO.

Best,
Paul

•••
I can't see the mistake in the first one but I also can't see any fireworks in the second one, just the night sky :)

As for the third one ... I'd add some tits in there just to enhance the user experience :)

First one have text perspective mistake ,because I made it very fast.
Second one. Empty dark sky contrasted better with text visually,but it is not the best pick. Good point. Thank you!
Last one :D

•••
How much do you charge?
$5-50 per logo. Sometimes more. It depends on time and difficulty. Cheaper for bulk of names.
Good price.

Janiss303 {@] gmail

Silvercitylogo123.jpg

About 25$
SANKEYS11.jpg

About 8$

For now it is only my hobby.
Currently I am building portfolio.
Later average price can change.

Attachments

• World-Press-v1.jpg
    World-Press-v1.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
•••
Imho and I don't want to offend anyone, everybody it's entitled to proceed on it's on willing and strategy of course, but, based on my own exp in online marketing and also graphic design, either you go pro or you go home.

I know that in some industries something is better than nothing, but in this case, I don't see it. :)

•••
I prefer to put a good logo on my domains instead of an ugly one!

I have sold names without logos ( actually all my sales were ) but visual always helps...if it is good.

zohd.png

vuzzyPNG2.png

•••
Imho and I don't want to offend anyone, everybody it's entitled to proceed on it's on willing and strategy of course, but, based on my own exp in online marketing and also graphic design, either you go pro or you go home.

I know that in some industries something is better than nothing, but in this case, I don't see it. :)

Disagree example brandbucket and brandroot don't have pro graphic designers, I have seen there a lot of BAD logos so I think it is OK but only if you choose quantity over quality because somehow they still manage to sell some crappy names for $xxxx because of large traffic. But if you sell domains with logo each individual via email or small portfolio I think better to have very good logos.
And no one will ever become pro doing nothing.

Last edited:
•••
•••
If you need a logo to sell a domain then better go with no logo than with a low no go logo.

Last edited:
•••
If you need a logo to sell a domain then better go with no logo than with a low no go logo.
What about a LogoLogoLogoLogoLogoLogoLogoLogoLogoLogoLogoLogoLogoLogoLogoLogo?

•••
What about a LogoLogoLogoLogoLogoLogoLogoLogoLogoLogoLogoLogoLogoLogoLogoLogo?

THIS looks like a logo already...
...but unfortunately there is no .logo TLD so it's a low no go logo.

•••
If you decide to go with a logo, get people to rate it. As a guy said here, bad logo can hurt. Good logo can attract attention and make your domain stand out, which is a good thing I guess, considering if you do it a big enough scale.

•••
i really don't see the need for logos

•••
Domain without logo is better than domain with a bad logo.

•••
what's the need for logos

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back