IT.COM

news NNNN.COM domain with three “4”s was sold for more than CNY 300K in the auction in China

NameSilo
Watch

DN.com

VIP Member
DN.com Staff
Impact
Numeric Domain names give investors rooms for imagination and can be endowed with many meanings as investor like. In China, it is known to most of investors that usually the price of numeric domain with “0”, “4” is a bit lower than other domain names. The reason is that "0" can be easily confused with English word “o” and “4” sounds like “death” in Chinese.

However, it is reported the domain 4944.com which has three “4”s was bided for more than 300K RMB (about $50,000) in an auction!

NNNN.com domains are suitable for establishing gambling and game website, i.e. in China there are 4399 mini-game(4399.com), 3366 mini-game(3366.com), 5173 mini-game(5173.com) and 4733 mini-game(4733.com). Game websites are fond of numeric domains, for they are short and could be memorized easily.

4944.com sounds like that ‘just try it’ (试就试试)”, which is like a tempting signal, “have a try”, OK, just a game, I’ll try it. It is a very motivational signal for the people who love adventure and playing games. Its ABAA structure can easily be pronounced and remembered. What’s more, the saying --“try it” will linger on in your mind after you have been told that 4399 is sounds like that try it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
944.com sounds like that ‘just try it’ (试就试试)
This is a new one. I just put it into my database. Thanks. One I have in my database is:

1414:一时一世>For a while, for the whole life

•••
This is a new one. I just put it into my database. Thanks. One I have in my database is:

1414:一时一世>For a while, for the whole life
And there is 1314:一生一世> for the whole life. This one would be much more expensive!

•••
Here's one that should appeal to even more people.

And there is 1314:一生一世> for the whole life.
Would this one be even better? It's all about eat, eat, and eat. Ha Ha!

1314527:一生一世我爱吃>For my whole life, I love to eat.

•••
Here's one that should appeal to even more people.

Would this one be even better? It's all about eat, eat, and eat. Ha Ha!

1314527:一生一世我爱吃>For my whole life, I love to eat.
LOL! Nice one!

•••
0432:你是想爱>You want to love.

Maybe the best use of 0 and 4 I've found.

Maybe we should invite everyone to add their favorite numeric domain names containing 0 and 4. That should be fun.

•••
0432:你是想爱>You want to love.

Maybe the best use of 0 and 4 I've found.

Maybe we should invite everyone to add their favorite numeric domain names containing 0 and 4. That should be fun.
Yes! You just give me a good idea, I can start a discussion on DN.com's wechat subscription: DNClass. Hope more investors would join us. That would be interesting!

•••
I'm not surprised, people just do not understand the Chinese numerology enough. No. 4 itself is bad number but in combination with any other number that is no longer number 4. That is another number and he already has a different meaning.

•••
300,000 RMB ? Nice price.

What would 4744.com equate to ?

•••
I'm not surprised, people just do not understand the Chinese numerology enough. No. 4 itself is bad number but in combination with any other number that is no longer number 4. That is another number and he already has a different meaning.
True!

•••
300,000 RMB ? Nice price.

What would 4744.com equate to ?
I think 4744 sounds like "go, have a try >试去试试". "7" soulds like "go>去" . Maybe others will have more ideas.

•••
4744:示财时时>Show your wealth constantly

How about that? This can turn out to be an art not science.

•••
Thought Chinese try to stay away from numbers 4. Even as shift+4=$ ;)

•••

However, it is reported the domain 4944.com which has three “4”s was bided for more than 300K RMB (about $50,000) in an auction!

What was the name of the venue again?

Thank you.

•••
•••
4944.com is back for sale again @ 4.cn for 400K RMB now

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back