Dynadot

advice NIC reserving pending .io drops - how often?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NickB

it's a mysteryTop Member
Impact
Hi

I have been doing some research into short 1 word .io names and I have come across a name that has been reserved by NIC ( https://www.nic.io ). The name was due to drop later today.

Can someone please let me know how often does this happens, is it quite often with NIC?

I have searched through a few .io names and this is the first time I have come across this.

Is it similar to the .co registrar in some way where if they spot the extension is trending, trading at a higher volume etc they will start to reserve good names and then put up the initial purchase cost and/or renewal and mark it as a "premium" ? Or have registrars always done this with good names.

Any answers would be appreciated.

EDIT: This might need to be moved to the extensions thread (my bad)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, sometimes the .IO registry will restore some expiring .IO domains to "Reserved by Registry".

One example: muse.io . It expired on 2018-08-30 and should be released on 2018-11-13.

It is a privilege to registry.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back