IT.COM

advice Next Step???

NameSilo
Watch

Zameer24x7

Established Member
Impact
What to do if potential buyer is not showing any interest in acquiring the domain name? When the domain name is an exact match domain name for their running business/site. Also, my domain name is getting 8-10 daily unique visits. What are the options available to take benefit from this name?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They may not be interested at this time. There are several instances where the buyer came back after years and bought domains.They may also wait for you to come again so that they can bargain your offer price. If you are looking for a quick sale, shoot out a mail mentioning the monthly visits and the benefits of acquiring the domain. Good Luck..

•••
Done these things.

I have approached them already with domain's performance/traffic report but didn't get any reply back.

Also educated them that if they upgrade to my name it would make it much more memorable for their customers and they would be less likely to misspell, put in the wrong ending and go to the wrong site.

•••
Park it, and try to reach them after sometime or try selling the domain to other businesses.

•••
If the domain is product or business related , then try other businesses in the category..If not, you should park it and move on.

•••
What to do if potential buyer is not showing any interest in acquiring the domain name? When the domain name is an exact match domain name for their running business/site. Also, my domain name is getting 8-10 daily unique visits. What are the options available to take benefit from this name?

like others mentioned, "park it"

Done these things.

I have approached them already with domain's performance/traffic report but didn't get any reply back.

Also educated them that if they upgrade to my name it would make it much more memorable for their customers and they would be less likely to misspell, put in the wrong ending and go to the wrong site.

Hi
I think at this point, you would become annoying to the folks you are soliciting.

when they show no interest initially, then move on.

imo....

•••
I think its definitely time to move on to another potential buyer, contacting this business again is just going to annoy them. If they have not responded to you it's because they are not interested.

•••
How much are you trying to sell the domain for? Maybe it's to expensive for them, or maybe they just don't want it. Th domain may indeed be better for them but maybe they just don't care. It's some work to swap over a name, especially if your customers are used to your current name and yo have lots of backlinks to the current domain. Maybe they can sense you really want to sell so are pretending not to be interested. But if they're not interested you can't force them to buy. Best you can do is contact other companies that may be interested.

•••
Depending on the industry, the business might not be in position build the domain out. They also might not have the funds.

You might offer them a web "page" along with the domain. You might offer them a 3 pay plan (3 installments).

Another thing might be to let them know that there is another interested party and that they should seriously consider acquiring the domain first.

Just a few ideas.

•••
Guys, I thank all of you for your guidance and support.

Let me start with scratch, Last week I have registered a domain name ClosetLover.com, there is leading online fashion store for girls with same name located at Singapore, that is TheClosetLover.com. I told them every pros if they switch to my domain name.

Till now I have not shared any price with them, so its not a reason for them to step back. And I believe money will be not a matter for them coz when i did some little research I found the company was launched back in 2007 running by two sisters, with 35K unique visitors visits their online store last month, so one can understand the turnover and revenue of the company.

What I feel from my follow-ups is that, those pretty founders do not have a any marketing/branding sense at all. They don't know the benefits/values my domain name will bring to their business. At last, I have told them if they are interested then contact me by the end of this month otherwise I have few plans for this domain name.

•••
I found the company was launched back in 2007 running by two sisters, with 35K unique visitors visits their online store last month, so one can understand the turnover and revenue of the company.

What I feel from my follow-ups is that, those pretty founders do not have a any marketing/branding sense at all. They don't know the benefits/values my domain name will bring to their business. At last, I have told them if they are interested then contact me by the end of this month otherwise I have few plans for this domain name.

your rationale is not rational

how can you say they don't have marketing or branding sense, if they are getting 35k visits last month to their online store?

does your name get 35k visitors a month?

also, issuing an "contact me by the end of the month" ultimatum stinks of mental superiority.

why do solicitors always seem to think their name is better, than the one folks already use?

imo.....

•••
And now your post will be indexed and those founders lacking marketing/branding sense as you say can read it. Many times I have bartered product / etc. in exchange for names. Cash flow could be bad or they cannot justify a cash purchase. Many can write off the exchange as well. What do you do with the product? Gift it or sell it.

•••
Have you only sent emails? I gather from everything you've said, that you've emailed a couple times, and got no reply. Have you tracked the emails to see if they were actually opened? If yes, how many times have each email been opened. Have you emailed multiple people within the company? Have you actually called and spoke to someone?

1. Many times, I've emailed people and got no reply. Then, when I use some other email address (either for the same person or someone else in the company), I got a reply.
2. The number of times the email is opened or passed around may indicate interest. If there seems to be interest, don't completely move on from them. Send them follow up emails however often you choose (once a week, once a month, whatever).
3. Some sales require a lot of patience. I currently have one guy who promises me that he is very, very interested in one of my domains, but he's 'thinking about the purchase'. If another buyer comes by while he's thinking, I'll surely sell the name. But, I just have to wait right now; this same guy might be the eventual buyer or not. The ultimatum thing is a no, no in my opinion. You want to remain friendly. I've told the guy in my transaction, 'take your time, I know spending money requires a lot of thought.'
4. Many people will give you a more direct answer when/if you actually call and speak to them.....as a friend, not a salesperson.

Since you didn't give details about your actual communications with them, it's difficult to say if you should move on. Some successful salespeople never move on.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

Last edited:
•••
Back