NameSilo

discuss Next big keyword in domaining?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
We saw Crypto keyword shoot up during 2017 and 2018 and some of the massive sales happened with that extension. People who anticipated this ended up making hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars during that time.

One of the investors I came across, who also sold CryptoGame(dot) com for $85,000 or so, was someone who rode the wave and made some decent returns out of the investment, which he anticipated owing to his knowledge and being the front-runner.

According to you, what could be the next big keyword that would make the headlines and possibly, bring about some massive sales?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
AI, Robotics, CBD, Cannabis, Hemp

•••
ChatBot!

Just take a look at these ChatBot Headlines from the last 24 Hrs!

"Chatbot Market Growth Predicted at Over 30% Till 2024: Global Market Insights, Inc." 2/25/20

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...024-global-market-insights-inc-301009871.html

"Chatbot Market to See Strong Investment Opportunity" 2/26/20

https://www.openpr.com/news/1945888/chatbot-market-to-see-strong-investment-opportunity

"Astonishing Growth in Chatbot Market is Projected to Grow at a CAGR of +30% Over the Forecast Period (2020– 2026)" 2/26/20

https://www.thefourpointplay.blog/a...-nuance-communications-inc-egain-corporation/

•••
I guess Simulators/Simulations in a lot of industries:
Finance, Health, Vehicles, Aircrafts and others.

Last edited:
•••
Good point if someone thinks they are onto something real early they are not giving it away.

that too!
and then all those people who simply do not know ... but would love to know ;)

•••
here we go again chasing waterfalls.

stick to the basics friends.

make of list of the most valuable industries and pursue those domains.

energy. solar. travel. food. real estate. health. medicine. transportation. sex. more sex. i never refuse sex.

avery wise man once siad... the only people who never refuse sex are those who never have sex.

but those are very good suggestions for keywords.. except all those ships have sailed... millenia ago.... but what do you think about the future then? or are you just sayng there will be no future cause of the virus?

•••
That's the most ridiculous train of thought I've ever heard. You're derailed.

•••
this will probably be the thread with most people watching it and fewest replies ratio ;)

go VR go! ;)
I have V/R/C/E/N/T//COM, but i dont think so, i believe its Corona.

•••
cryptogame.com for $85K is a perfect example of unhealthy, irrational behavior in the hairless ape species.

it will be available on dropcatch in 10 years for $59.

Last edited:
•••
•••
It can be Novel Corona, who knows the future !

•••
I will shop the keyword out then I will let you know. If you pick up all the scraps you can only inflate the first choices almost irrelevant what you could pick up. You can get lucky with a trend with a couple of names but chances are people are just tacking on third keyword to trends. Need to be pioneering the trend or seeing the most relevant name over seen by others.

Last edited:
•••
Good afternoon,

Here's a question for all domainers.

Do you think it's possible to create your own niche rather than subscribing to multi-billion dollar technologies or industries in general?

•••
Do you think it's possible to create your own niche rather than subscribing to multi-billion dollar technologies or industries in general?
No.

Unless you are 1:1,000,000,000+/-

•••
•••
Watch-out, If your going overboard on registering lots of domains with your chosen keyword or abbreviation as part of the domain. Sure they are references used in the press and trade journals etc But they are rarely the term used or chosen for the products or services that actually hit the market and therefore required by the domain aftermarket.

Try to expand your mind into specific niches that the market or products will exploit and then allow a bit of creativeness to associate. If the forecast market is indeed big enough your bound to hit on a couple of nice-terms that buyers are willing to go to market with rather than focus all you investment on following the crowd with one key (over-used) word as part of the domain

thankfully this approach has always worked for me
Would really appreciate if you can give us some examples.

•••
•••
Good afternoon,

May be possible for brandable names.

•••
No.

Unless you are 1:1,000,000,000+/-

Good morning,

Yeah, but what if I am that one in a million millions?

Then it becomes a quiche and all I have to do is convince everyone else. How hard could that be?

•••
VR will pick up steam after March when Half Life:Alyx is set to launch

•••
@Reddstagg
"My right to reply."
Yes, its true and everybody on this forum will be happy if you answer to the original question: Next big keyword in domaining. What is your opinion, what will be the next keyword in domaining?

"ten years too late VR/XR/FINTECH"
As a domainer, if you want to buy only on reg fee, then probably you are right, the low hanging fruits are gone,

but this is only one of the options.

If you are a domainer with 1000 - 10,000 bucks in your pocket to invest on this area and you buy domains on the market, plus you have yearly cca. 100 bucks for renewal for the next 10 year, you can get some entry-mid level names to your portfolio.

Target group: new, pre-seed funded and privately funded startups, small sized and innovative companies who track the trends and expands for the possible additional market slices of these new, trendy areas.

If you are a domainer with 10,000 - 50,000 bucks in your pocket to invest on this area and you buy domains on the market, plus you have the renewal fees for 10 years, you can get now some nice mid-higher mid level names to your portfolio.

Target group: Prospering and Series A, B, C Funded startups, mid-sized companies who have to expand to these areas if they want to keep their market positions on the changing business environment.

Fintech area is more promising for active domainers as you think, especially if you are a domainer with tiny pocket, but with great domain name creation/management skills on the invented names area, this can be the next big sale opportunity for creative domainers.

Fintech is not only a trendy keyword, it is an umbrella term, if you want to know this area better, before you think its too late to invest in this area, please check the global financial technology investment trends, top deals, active investors, and corporate activity in Q2 2019:

Show attachment 144148

As impressive as the info-graphic is, these don't excite me after working for over 30 years in the financial services industry. Yes, I will accept that there is money to be made in these industries but many people are too late or too poor to join the race now.

My approach is different and we are aiming at different markets. I'd be happy with a $200 dollar sale whereas most people would need to add zeros on that figure to get the same level of satisfaction. I am a quick learner and I deliberately tried to have a balance portfolio which didn't rely too heavily on any one niche.

To answer the question, as requested my 'keywords' tip would be - renewable energies/technologies.

Have a dot.com day,

Regards,

Reddstagg

•••
Good afternoon,

I'd say "Sure". It's a fundamental of market positioning: If you can't be 1st in a category, create a new category you can be 1st in.

The real challenge is to create a new category/niche that also is successful. Or at least has the potential to be successful.

•••
•••
We saw Crypto keyword shoot up during 2017 and 2018 and some of the massive sales happened with that extension. People who anticipated this ended up making hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars during that time.

One of the investors I came across, who also sold CryptoGame(dot) com for $85,000 or so, was someone who rode the wave and made some decent returns out of the investment, which he anticipated owing to his knowledge and being the front-runner.

According to you, what could be the next big keyword that would make the headlines and possibly, bring about some massive sales?

Instead of Geo or Crypto....it's BoGo....stands for either "BuyOneGetOne" or "BuyOneGiveOne"

•••
Good afternoon,

HellYeah!....then you buy HellYeahDomains.com (that's available) and your off to the races:xf.eek:

•••
Privacy
(Not new but increasing importance, not as sure with domain sales, but possible)
According to GD;

Valuable keyword: privacy is a high value keyword that has an average sale price of $2561.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back