IT.COM

discuss Next big keyword in domaining?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
We saw Crypto keyword shoot up during 2017 and 2018 and some of the massive sales happened with that extension. People who anticipated this ended up making hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars during that time.

One of the investors I came across, who also sold CryptoGame(dot) com for $85,000 or so, was someone who rode the wave and made some decent returns out of the investment, which he anticipated owing to his knowledge and being the front-runner.

According to you, what could be the next big keyword that would make the headlines and possibly, bring about some massive sales?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Deep Fake related names, which is really a sub-niche in the AI category I guess.
But that tech is almost mainstream-ish. That has some real interesting applications from sex to gaming to who knows what awful things politics will come up with - kind of haha.

•••
Watch-out, If your going overboard on registering lots of domains with your chosen keyword or abbreviation as part of the domain. Sure they are references used in the press and trade journals etc But they are rarely the term used or chosen for the products or services that actually hit the market and therefore required by the domain aftermarket.

Try to expand your mind into specific niches that the market or products will exploit and then allow a bit of creativeness to associate. If the forecast market is indeed big enough your bound to hit on a couple of nice-terms that buyers are willing to go to market with rather than focus all you investment on following the crowd with one key (over-used) word as part of the domain

thankfully this approach has always worked for me

Last edited:
•••
Not new but hot trends for upcoming 5 years:
  • 5G
  • AI as a service
  • Zero UI
  • Quantum computing
  • Electric cars
  • Decentralized web
  • Space tourism
  • Chatbots
  • Smart wearables
  • Hologram
  • 4k & 8k Video Streaming
  • Green solutions
  • Smart cities

Last edited:
•••
well... they say that first trillionaires on this planet will be from asteroidmining... so how about that for a keyword :)

•••
I think vr too, ppl at work talk about it a lot, wanting to buy occulus and whatever.

•••
There are trillionaires already. Metal prices are determined by derivative market manipulation. Most of the gold is in Asia: Philippines, Indonesia,... it is not clear who exactly owns them, maybe the World Bank (humanity) (?) In the West most of the gold is in Vatican and Switzerland, maybe also London. So Vatican is such a religious place ! Again, it is not clear who owns them.. (?) Hitler and Yamash*ta, and Rizal moved most of the gold from one place to another (Hitler and Yamash*ta are said to be half brothers and are bad people, but Rizal may be a hero (?)). For example When US saved Hitler and took him to Argentine when Soviets were about to arrive in Berlin, some gold was taken to Argentine together with Hitler. Things are changing. If you ask why platinum is cheap now, the reason I believe is that Russia and South Africa produces most of it, these are R and S of BRICS. So platinum is cheap , but it is also harder to find than otherwise it would.. silver is cheap as well. silver was disconnected from gold (there was some nonlinear connection), and people specualted that silver would skyrocket independently of gold because of rareness and industrial demand, but just the opposite happened. It is all manipulation. It is not clear whether good guys or bad guys are manipulating it right now (in the past bad guys did it). Same for cryptos.

im talking trillionaires yuo can name. not some speculative secret ones or conspiracy theories.

so if yuo can't name a trillionaire, then it means the world is waiting for its first trillionaire.

so... can you name a trillionaire? :)

•••
bet/betting for sure.

As LEGAL gambling increases across the U.S. expect this to be the 'next big thing'.

•••
"Crypto" keyword in Domaining was more than a Trend, rather it was close to a Revolution we all saw a couple of years ago. You buy anything, it will sell in a month. I hope you faced that if you were investing on Crypto domains in 2017. I have seen only 6-7 such revolutions in last 20 years.

•••
Health industry may be still relevant, because we want to be more healthy forever.

•••
•••
Sports betting (too late to get in cheap now tho)
Sports Betting has always been up there, but LV heavyweights are good friend with the current administration, and want to keep those sports books in Vegas as exclusive as possible.

•••
Good morning,

Yeah, but what if I am that one in a million millions?

Then it becomes a quiche and all I have to do is convince everyone else. How hard could that be?

Hi,

Please, if you can, keep this great thread relevant and open a new, theoretical thread, something like "If I would be a bored millionaire"

Next big keyword in domaining:

VR, XR - affected fields: mobile apps and games, training, all kind of gaming, personal and industrial simulation.

An other specific area is arcade. Arcade in shopping centers, etc., (physical) and SaaS (software as a service) as Apple started Apple Arcade and Google started Stadia.

FINTECH - affected fields: Banking sector and new, still not existing business models and services.

My two cents.

Last edited:
•••
@Reddstagg
"My right to reply."
Yes, its true and everybody on this forum will be happy if you answer to the original question: Next big keyword in domaining. What is your opinion, what will be the next keyword in domaining?

"ten years too late VR/XR/FINTECH"
As a domainer, if you want to buy only on reg fee, then probably you are right, the low hanging fruits are gone,

but this is only one of the options.

If you are a domainer with 1000 - 10,000 bucks in your pocket to invest on this area and you buy domains on the market, plus you have yearly cca. 100 bucks for renewal for the next 10 year, you can get some entry-mid level names to your portfolio.

Target group: new, pre-seed funded and privately funded startups, small sized and innovative companies who track the trends and expands for the possible additional market slices of these new, trendy areas.

If you are a domainer with 10,000 - 50,000 bucks in your pocket to invest on this area and you buy domains on the market, plus you have the renewal fees for 10 years, you can get now some nice mid-higher mid level names to your portfolio.

Target group: Prospering and Series A, B, C Funded startups, mid-sized companies who have to expand to these areas if they want to keep their market positions on the changing business environment.

Fintech area is more promising for active domainers as you think, especially if you are a domainer with tiny pocket, but with great domain name creation/management skills on the invented names area, this can be the next big sale opportunity for creative domainers.

Fintech is not only a trendy keyword, it is an umbrella term, if you want to know this area better, before you think its too late to invest in this area, please check the global financial technology investment trends, top deals, active investors, and corporate activity in Q2 2019:

Show attachment 144148

You English is getting better ;)

•••
i am betting on (Fashion) (Go) (Green) (Digital)
i believe they are evergreen ...
i usually dont follow trends..

•••
While it is fun to try to guess future trends, my guess is that in general most hot trends are so over-speculated so quickly in domain holdings, that only a very few very early adopters would benefit. It really is some measure of opportunities vs competition. But it is still fun to predict what we think will be hot.

There is no doubt that various aspects of AI will most impact society: jobs, leisure, health, etc. But is that where the domain prospects are most lucrative, or is it already saturated?

I think increasingly the buy local, support local, travel nearby, eat from locally-sourced food, etc. will continue to grow. Domain prospects? Not sure, maybe.

Thanks for the predictions everyone.

Bob

•••
CBD and Crypto are related to the financial system. The center of gravity of the world economy is moving to the east, and US needed to make money from narcotics harvested in Afghanistan. And crypto was invented as an alternative to US dollar, I mean, something to keep people away from gold, or make dark money enter into the system, or make USD more liquid, indirectly... A major trend is attack on privacy, so will something like lessprivacy.com be worth anything: I don't think so. Something may be big, but its domains may not be worth anything.

•••
If VR/AR fulfills its potential then i have a feeling 'immersive' will be massive keyword.

I have no evidence to show 'immersive' domains are worth investing in, but it just makes sense.

Terms like:-

'Immersive Media'
'Immersive Technology'

Are being used quite often to describe sectors within these industries and 'immersive' can represent both VR/AR.

Some companies have branded around XR as a catch term for VR/AR, but is that short-term or long-term? Who knows, but one thing i think we can say for sure, the usage of word 'immersive' in virtual tech is going nowhere.

Agree :)

•••
Areas I’ve been researching and acquiring domains in:

*Robotics/robots
Biometric Security
Ray Tracing Tech
CBG
Digital I.D. Tech

•••
•••
Agreed this is a good one. Started collecting decent privacy names years ago, but sales still haven't picked up.

HeyPrivacy and PrivacyBee has recently been sold through BB

•••
Platinum worth more, look up Platinum.
As you know of gold you and i both know what else. But not everyone can afford Platinum though & next there could be a fake gold standard not fake Platinum standard :).

Last edited:
•••
We saw Crypto keyword shoot up during 2017 and 2018 and some of the massive sales happened with that extension. People who anticipated this ended up making hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars during that time.

One of the investors I came across, who also sold CryptoGame(dot) com for $85,000 or so, was someone who rode the wave and made some decent returns out of the investment, which he anticipated owing to his knowledge and being the front-runner.

According to you, what could be the next big keyword that would make the headlines and possibly, bring about some massive sales?

It actually depends on industry the domain belongs to.

For global / general , choosing big domains will depend actually on the trend / publicity / news a keyword term attains. (For example , CORONA virus related domains are in spot light right now due to the on-going epidermic crisis happening around the world , though it may be short-lived)

For niche industry , upcoming new term that boosts the sales / business will make an great investment.
(For example , NodeJS / Angular / Full Stack / Mean Stack would be best bet in Web Design / Development industry)

Hope this gives an idea.

•••
Prepping - like for emergencies, at least for the 6 months following the end of this mess.

•••
hmmm as more and more new people get into domaining with dreams of "get rich quick" schemes caused by high priced domain sales being published.

There will be many who do not know the finer details of registering domains that do not infringe on Trademarks which they probably did not bother to check.

That said. I predict keyword UDRP will become a term that many domainers will look for online and it will trend.

As they say, Malls and mom and pop stores are closing up shop. All will end up Online. And many have had the same business names for decades.

and now they want to go online.

then they realize someone owns the exact match domain for their 30-40 old business.

They will undoubtedly want to hire a lawyer to get their domain.

These lawyers will want to "squat" on terms like UDRP or Trademark or infringement.

So yea.

UDRP
Trademark
Infringement

•••
Invest,investment , iot, and artificial intelligent( Ai ) still relevant.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back