IT.COM

domains News and Numbers: What is the mystery?

NameSilo
Watch

surajrainamit94

Established Member
Impact
Note: Before you begin reading this little analysis, please understand that this purely based on my thoughts and you can bring out thousands of such interpretations based on your experiences.

Have you noticed the most common relationship between various top news channels?

It is a combination of the keyword news and numbers. But why number with names is the question that I have tried to answer.

If you are yet to observe any such relation, then let me explain it to you with few common examples like e-news1.com, news1live.com, news24.com (The South African News Channel), news360.com (A personalized news reader app) and many others with various regional codes like NewsIndia or NewsUS with some number next to it.

Before we begin let us understand what Estibot has to say about the term news just to explain how critical is the keyword for any domain investor.

Estibot Valuation: $5,534,000

Exact Volume: News receives over 9,140,000 searches per month on Google®

Broad Volume: 277,000,000 searches per month on Google®

SERP Term and SERP Sld: 100,000,000+

Cost per Click: $1.10

Having realized the importance of the term out of doubt I began typing the term “news+numbers” beginning from 1 to 100 one by one. For example, I began with news1.com then news2.com and when on till news100.com.

To my surprise, every damm domain was already registered and was either or sale or not available at all.

To dig up on it a little further, I tried to see what is the importance of numbers that attract businesses to take them in pair with the news keyword. (Consider the fact that I am quite new in the domain industry).

Let us take some random numbers and understand their significance to gain an overview of them;

Number 7: It is often associated with luck and magical properties like the jackpot on slot machines.

Number 45: It is the very popular Angel Number and is considered to be highly positive and optimistic.

Number 103: The number 103 is associated with hard work, creative activities, and taking the initiative in your affairs.

Well, taking initiative is something that most of the news channels must do and therefore, I immediately went to buy this domain news103.com but what makes the number more interesting is the paper fold theory related to it.

1. Well, we all know that if we fold a paper in exact half once, it's size doubles.

2. Folding the paper in half a third time will get you about the thickness of a nail.

3. 10 folds and the paper will be about the width of a hand.

4. 42 folds will get you to the Moon. With 51 you will burn in the Sun.

5. 90 folds will make your paper 130.8 million light-years across, bigger than the Virgo.

6. And finally, at 103 folds, you will get outside of the observable Universe, which is estimated at 93 billion light-years in diameters.

Well, this makes the number unique right. Similarly, there is some peculiarity you can find in every number of the universe plus it is easy to remember too.

Comparable Domains Sold (few examples)

news1.com - $8,167

news99.com - $2,388

news31.com - $1200

news71.com - $1,000

news411.com - $1,488

channel59.com - $1,800

Well, I know most of the big investors might not be interested in these small sales but for small domain fishes like me it is a great opportunity and who knows when we can hit some jackpot.

Thus, I would like to conclude by saying that the “keyword” and “number” works good for certain terms and might not work for others.

All we need to look for is some significance in the combination that can add huge value not just for us but for the businesses who are going to use it.

Thanks for taking your valuable time, reading this article. Please consider that I am new into it, so forgive me if any mistakes were made in my small analysis and interpretations.

Do give your valuable suggestions in the comment section below!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
After writing this analysis. I went on to buy news103.com.
Do let me know if you have any news related domains in the comments below.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back