Newbie question: Visits

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Stevoktn

Established Member
Impact
Hi,

I am new to domaining and have a question related to unique visits:

I recently hand-registered a two-word .com domain. I didn't do much research but liked the name and thought it was brandable (which might be a mistake in the first place, I know). However, I keep getting around 2.2k unique visits a day on this domain - which is way more than my other domains get. I do not advertise the domain, and there are no backlinks. What do you regard as a high number of unique visits a day, and how would you proceed with such a domain? In other threads, I read that prices can be approx. "monthly unique visits / 3", do you agree?

Thank you :xf.smile:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Don’t price your name based on unexplained visits— base it on the name. There is no formula. It comes down to the name and what an entity is willing to pay.

There is really no way to know exactly why about the traffic. Did you look at Wayback Machine for past development ? With that kind of traffic do you have it on a parking page because you probably should.

All newly regged names tend to get looks initially but not of this amount. Others who know more will respond.

•••
These are bots mainly (like 95%), not unique visits. For whatever reason they like some sites over the others.
I totally agree about not pricing based on visits. I personally noticed no correlation whatsoever between visits (regardless of number) and requests or sales.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back