IT.COM

Newb question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
If I register a domain with đ in it (for example hotđog.com) would it show up as hotđog.com on the website or would it show up as xn--hotog-7ya.com? According to http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/0111/index.htm it's part of the Latin character set

Also, on dynadot it shows the default language as Afrikaans
does this matter at all for registration of an IDN?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
h0dg3s said:
If I register a domain with đ in it (for example hotđog.com) would it show up as hotđog.com on the website or would it show up as xn--hotog-7ya.com? According to http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/0111/index.htm it's part of the Latin character set

Also, on dynadot it shows the default language as Afrikaans
does this matter at all for registration of an IDN?

Thanks

Why would you want to do that? Are you planning on ripping someone of by misleading them on what the domain actually is? It would mean nothing and would be worth nothing except for this very purpose.

I really don't think anyone should answer anymore of your questions as your intention has shown through.

•••
The domain such as the one above is a waste. That is not the purpose of IDN names. You should be registering IDN domains that actually mean something in another language.

•••
Sarcle.com said:
Why would you want to do that? Are you planning on ripping someone of by misleading them on what the domain actually is? It would mean nothing and would be worth nothing except for this very purpose.

I really don't think anyone should answer anymore of your questions as your intention has shown through.

Why are you so suspicious? Going by your logic I can only assume that you are a terrorist and therefore I should have no further correspondence with you. The United States does not negotiate with terrorists.

•••
h0dg3s said:
Why are you so suspicious? Going by your logic I can only assume that you are a terrorist and therefore I should have no further correspondence with you. The United States does not negotiate with terrorists.
Sarcle owns some of the best IDNs. You should be jealous as am I. This guy is going to make a fortune.

You don't even have a clue what IDNs are. By the looks of it all you want to register are phishing domain names.

•••
DNWizardX9 said:
Sarcle owns some of the best IDNs. You should be jealous as am I. This guy is going to make a fortune.

You don't even have a clue what IDNs are. By the looks of it all you want to register are phishing domain names.

I never said anything about phishing you ignorant pompous ass.

So it's not OK to register novelty names now? Get back on your camel and ride home to derka-derkastan you freedom hating terrorist.

•••
h0dg3s said:

So it's not OK to register novelty names now? Get back on your camel and ride home to derka-derkastan you freedom hating terrorist.
I hope the owners of the ascii version of your "novelty" domain names sue you

•••
h0dg3s said:

Most likely they will be canceled. Icann already has this in the works. The domain you mentioned will never show as hotđog.com in any browser it will always show as punycode.

These domains are useful for only one thing. Sorry.

•••
DNWizardX9 said:
I hope the owners of the ascii version of your "novelty" domain names sue you

And I hope your parents dropped you on your head, there's no other excuse for you being this retarded.
Go sit in a corner.

•••
Good luck getting help on namepros if you're going to act dumb

•••
Sarcle.com said:
Most likely they will be canceled. Icann already has this in the works. The domain you mentioned will never show as hotđog.com in any browser it will always show as punycode.

These domains are useful for only one thing. Sorry.

Thank you that's all I wanted to know.
Since a lot of the good domains are taken, I wanted a novelty something like the real thing. If it'll never look the same way then it's rather pointless for me to get it.

DNWizardX9 said:
Good luck getting help on namepros if you're going to act dumb
Good luck getting a job when you grow up if you can't comprehend that not everybody is evil. I guess there's always a place at the RIAA, but it will probably go out of business before you turn 40 and move out of your parents' house.

If everyone on namepros is as courteous and helpful as you, I probably won't be here too long.

Last edited:
•••
I just LOVE how you guys assume someone is trying to Phish ..... Legitimate Question IMO ~

Sad they had to go through the ASSUMING accusations before getting to the answer.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back