NameSilo

New Yahoo tool

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hey everyone. I originally posted this tool under the "making money" section but in hindsight think its more apropos for this category. Sorry for the duplicate entry, I just want to get some feedback on the tool. I think a lot arbitrage people could make good use of it.

http://bidtool.localsrv.net/
test/test

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I grab the data from the Yahoo API, so the information is directly from them but I still don't know how accurate it is. That's why i built it and put it up here for everyone to check out.

You guys are correct, I left off the adjustments for the tq scores and smart pricing in my earlier comment. That could effect total ppc prices as well. There are always other factors too suck as what position ad gets clicked the most on your site, how relevant is the ad to the domain name, etc

I think 75% is a good rev share but there are companies that pay a flat 85 to 90% so it might not hurt to look around. I don't know if its true or not but I just read the botis (sp) thread and he claims to pay 100%. Not sure how that business model works but I hope it makes him rich.

•••
new password and log in

Hey everyone,
Sorry for that. I haven't logged in for awhile and didn't realize the password had expired. Feel free to use this alternate log in and password.

Password = wfire

Once again, sorry for leaving you guys hanging with a dead log in. This will work for the time being. Please feel free to send me comments.

Thanks,
Alex

•••
Very cool....... interesting to type in some of my high traffic keywords for my big earning domains on Parked.com and see I am getting paid 1/10th of the middle tier bids............

•••
well, you figure parked is getting 70% of that bid price and then depending on the volume you are getting somewhere between 50-80% of that. so a bid price of $1.00 could be as low as $.35 net to you. I suppose parked might even have lower splits if you only earn a couple bucks a day with them. check out some other yahoo domain partners, I know there are some that give fixed % regardless of the volume you do. Anyway, glad you like the tool.

•••
Actually, my exact rev share is above 75% on parked. So not sure how it all breaks down. Where does this tool get this data from? Does it somehow have access to yahoo's click pricing database or something?

•••
"well, you figure parked is getting 70% of that bid price and then depending on the volume you are getting somewhere between 50-80% of that. so a bid price of $1.00 could be as low as $.35 net to you"

Don't forget smart pricing

•••
This is a nice tool. Just out of curiosity, how did you compile the bid prices?

•••
all i get is a login, and i dont know the user or password

•••
It's not 100% for new members anymore. :) Just for those that went through our tough times.

How did you get the data from the Yahoo API? Do they give one out for free, or did you write a robot that scrapes it?

•••
Hey johname, the log in and password are both "test".

Hey bodis, nice to meet you. Sorry about the mis-spelling of your company name. Was the 100% rev share just to get new customers? Pretty smart actually. How many domains do you have parked now?

I'll try and grab some information on where we got the API. My programmer built it and asked me for feedback so I posted the 1st version on here. I'll get back to you with more info later.

•••
when i open the mainpage (localsrv.net) with new firefox i got:

Code:
Reported Attack Site!

This web site at count.exitexchange.com has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

•••
•••
Great Job Alex... Reps Added.

•••
What does it do?

What does this tool do exactly? Under the covers?

•••
Um, culzboyz, don't go to the main domain. I use this domain for all sorts of stuff so I have no idea what you might happen to get on any given day. The domain of the tool is perfectly safe however. I didn't think anyone would go to the main domain. Sorry about that. Here is another tool everyone already probably uses but I just stumbled across it, pretty cool if you do seo copy on your domains. http://www.mikes-marketing-tools.com/ranking-reports/

•••
Good job, i like it.
Thx.

•••
um...test/test doesnt work?

please advise

thanks
tony

•••
i think the demo period is over im getting this btw
incorrect username/password

•••
Nice tool. Could do with more details for the bid costs, plus a batch keyword search.

•••
Interesting stuff

As noted its nice to see how much money my clicks are making everyone else.

•••
I applied for a yahoo api key a couple of months ago thinking I might take a shot at writing a tool to grab pretty much this exact same data... I gave up when I didn't get the yahoo key. Its interesting I stumbled across this thread today as I just found the api key in my junk mail folder last night and was thinking of starting work on it.

Any chance you want to give me a head start by letting me get a peek at your code? Then again I'm not sure I will continue, since your tool does everything I wanted mine to do. Well except for displaying the top advertiser/bidder name next to their bid.

Anyhow, nice job. I've really been missing this functionality since the overture bidtool died.

•••
alex321123 said:
Hey everyone,
Sorry for that. I haven't logged in for awhile and didn't realize the password had expired. Feel free to use this alternate log in and password.

Password = wfire

Once again, sorry for leaving you guys hanging with a dead log in. This will work for the time being. Please feel free to send me comments.

Thanks,
Alex

Alex,

Thanks for the tool. I've been using it for a while now - it's useful, especially if you park your domains at a Yahoo parking feed such as Parked.com.

I hope you don't drop this tool. :)

Rep added.

•••
Hey Seabass,
I'll leave it up indefinitely. I built it and use it so I can buy Google Content traffic and send it to my parked domains that are powered by Yahoo (parked.com, Trafficz.com, Hitfarm.com, Epinetwork.com, etc). The tools not great but provides some direction, glad everyone is happy with it.

Hey Blaknite,
Although the code is not very complex I'll probably just keep it but feel free to use the tool. No need for you to waste the time recreating it.
Alex

•••
I'll leave it up indefinitely. I built it and use it so I can buy Google Content traffic and send it to my parked domains that are powered by Yahoo (parked.com, Trafficz.com, Hitfarm.com, Epinetwork.com, etc). The tools not great but provides some direction, glad everyone is happy with it.

Arbitrage? On a Yahoo feed?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back