Dynadot

New Webmaster Advertising Guide

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Here's another useful guide..
New Webmaster Advertising Guide

I have written several articles before on my former blog Myseoblog.net about advertising schedule and many found the techniques effective and worth a try. There are thousands of new blogs popping-up daily and there is only a small percentage stay online due to webmasters’ lack of knowledge in promotion and site maintenance. When a webmaster feel that his/her blog is not getting any visitor or the traffic is not increasing, the tendency of abandoning or closing the site is possible. And many wasted domains and hosting spaces due to this problem.

For new webmasters, writing, design, or programming is not the only thing you need in order to be a better site owner. Promotion is the top priority. SEO is the most expensive part of site maintenance and every webmaster must focus on this item if you want to be a successful site owner. Even if you have an article that worth a thousand dollars, it will be useless if no one will read and discover it.

Let’s make it simple. You are just starting to run your blog and you have a little knowledge about advertising. Follow this schedule and I can guarantee you a good result. You must have a little perseverance.

1. Introduce yourself to other webmasters. Join in webmaster forums and have your link on your signature. Post 2 to 5 messages daily in the following forums: Digitalpoint, Sitepoint, V7N, Namepros, Dreamteammoney, and Ozzu. This will take only around an hour. But make sure you are not spamming..

2. Post comments on blogs. Set a target of around 10 related blogs per day. This is one of the best ways of link building. There’s a lot of blog directories out there where you can search for related blogs.

3. Submit your site to link directories. Five to ten directories per day will be fine. Use submission tool like Digixmas to expedite your submission. This sill take around 10 minutes.

4. Article submission. I know you are good in writing so it’s time to submit your article to article directories. five to ten articles per day (if you have articles ready) will be fine.

5. Build a list. If you can’t afford to buy some mailing list services like Aweber or Getresponse, there are a lot of free services out there designed fopr newbiews. A subscriber or 2 daily is essential for longterm plan. Use Feedblitz combined with Feedburner.

6. Yahoo answer. Take some couple of minutes to browse yahoo answer and share your opinion with your link. This is a fund hobby if you used to do it…and benificial.

The above ways are basic processes that a new, and even older webmasters must need to do. If you are already doing some of these, you may go ahead and do a more complex process. Here is one of my previous articles regarding schedule.

Article Source blog.webtoolkeeper.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Silveraden, I read that article on your blog yesterday. I never thought of it that way but it makes a lot of sense to treat website marketing as a daily routine, chip away at it every day. I'm still in the dark about mailing lists, had a look at Feedburner/blitz. What is the concept behind it? Do they advertise your business by mass mailing? Does anyone have experience with the results of this kind of marketing?

•••
Feedburner/feedblitz cannot be considered as mailing list... you should go with aweber or getresponse...

The idea above is for people who just started running website... and don't have funds to use in promotion..

•••
We can also do the social bookmarking, join the craigslist, join the social networking community.

•••
Silveraden, it is really great,
It is very useful for me to go ahead with my web design as well as web promotions work,

Really short & sweet tips,

Cheers,

•••
ivanpeter said:
Silveraden, it is really great,
It is very useful for me to go ahead with my web design as well as web promotions work,

Really short & sweet tips,

Cheers,
You are welcome.. more tips to come...

•••
good info that I will sure put to use! Need more for my mailing list so the specials I have planned get some use!

•••
You are rock with this article, Silveraden. Thank you so much :)

•••
Very helpful guide!! Beginners should read this post.. :D

•••
Keywords research

Before you do any of these steps you should see what keywords might generate some search traffic for your site. Depends on the industry but you could easily develop some visits by targeting certain keywords phrases when you implement the above strategy.

•••
tenrowk said:
Its quite enough for beginner. Because if we add more information , Beginner webmaster will confuse and will not do that.
Silveraden Thanks for great article..still waiting for cool article again from you:)
You are welcome... though I don't have much seo activities these couple of months, I just returned from long vacation and starting again to write... :)

•••
shilpamg said:
We can also do the social bookmarking, join the craigslist, join the social networking community.

Those are also very useful steps to generate targeted traffic to site.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back