Dynadot

New to Affiliate marketing

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

cdnbigd

Established Member
Impact
Hey Guys,

I've been doing quite a lot of research into this but finding quite the contradicting information on some aspects of it. One is: If it's best to try and find an exact match domain name for the product I'm wanting to promote..if it's not available, what's the next best thing?

One product example that i'm looking at is in the health/fitness industry (teaches you techniques). ie. productname.com .net .org .biz .info are all taken. Would the next best option be something like:
getproductname.com?
productnamereviews.biz .info (only two that are available)

OR add a suffix to the end of productname, such as productnameweb.com, now, box, pro, lab?

In this example, I found the #4 google listing to be "productnamec.com"

Thanks guys!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
All depends on the niche and keyword,

But overall, the alternative "buy" would be better than "get" if referring to products. For example, I think buyatreadmill and buytreadmills would be better than gettreadfmills.

Sure why not, get the reviews biz or .info you suggested above, if YOU are going to develop it. But don't buy it for investment purposes and to wait for someone else to come making you an offer.

•••
Thanks for the reply, Razor.

Unfortunately, for this product "buyproductname.com" isn't available.. only extension is buyproductname.co.

This is purely for my own development for the affiliate site. I'm not going to try to resell it or flip it. Just want to try the affiliate marketing sites and see if I can start getting a bit of an income stream here...

So would you say adding a prefix such as "buy" would be better than a suffix such as web, now, box, pro, or lab?

I was told that having the exact product name for the domain or in the root domain will only help in your rankings, just wasn't sure what to do if it's not available. If it helps, the product name is 3 words.. for this reason, would adding two hyphens be even better then a prefix or suffix? product-name-here.com

Thanks again for the help. :)

All depends on the niche and keyword,

But overall, the alternative "buy" would be better than "get" if referring to products. For example, I think buyatreadmill and buytreadmills would be better than gettreadfmills.

Sure why not, get the reviews biz or .info you suggested above, if YOU are going to develop it. But don't buy it for investment purposes and to wait for someone else to come making you an offer.

Since this product is such a long domain name of 25+ letters, i may just do what the #4 ranked guy did and just chuck 1 letter on the end of the long domain name.

Would that be better than reg'ing:
1. exactkeyword.ca (6000 searches/mth for exactkeyword)
2. exactkeywordreviews.info (1000 searches/mth)
3. buyexactkeyword.net (30 searches/mth)

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
EMDs arent the magic bullet they were a couple of years ago. Mozcast.com/metrics graphs how they fared overall over the last couple of months - there's a definite downward trend.

Multiple hyphens looks spammy. I'd stick with something with a .com (or co.uk if appropriate) - unusual urls in search results usually get poorer click through. Go brand able if necessary.

•••
I went with exactmatch.ca as I thought that would get more visitors than a more generic industry phrase or word domain.

Thanks, i'll check out the link. :)

•••
Back