IT.COM

New Theme?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I know you are upgrading the backend and many features but this pink and blue theme is just temporary right?

It hurts my eyes and makes me want to puke at the same time B-)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I agree 100% the pink has got to go!!!

•••
Pink and blue is the only option. When the upgrade is done, we'll see about getting some additional selectable themes on the site.

•••
RJ, did you get a new avatar to go along with a new theme?

Feels like Xmas came early getting a nice site makeover like this :santa:

•••
I agree 100% the pink has got to go!!!

Yeah, mostly the pink has to go.

Also there are some issues with the entire background being white. You need some contrast to distinguish different posts, and different elements of each post such as the user info and date etc. When its all the same coler it just blends together and looks very amateur.

•••
Yeah, mostly the pink has to go.

Also there are some issues with the entire background being white. You need some contrast to distinguish different posts, and different elements of each post such as the user info and date etc. When its all the same coler it just blends together and looks very amateur.

I appreciate the design feedback. Which part specifically are you referring to that could use contrasting colors? I don't know where you mean.

•••
I appreciate the design feedback. Which part specifically are you referring to that could use contrasting colors? I don't know where you mean.

This is what my topic was about, the usability one. It's hard to distinguish between profile sidebits, posts and signatures, because there isn't anything separating them.

•••

Besides the blue in the back, everything has a white background. It would be much easier on the eyes if alternating posts had different colors, or if the post and the user info etc had different colers. Right now it all blurs together. Look at the old Namepros or any other forum to see what I'm talking about.

---------- Post added at 05:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 AM ----------

This is what my topic was about, the usability one. It's hard to distinguish between profile sidebits, posts and signatures, because there isn't anything separating them.

Thank you Sam. You know what I'm talkin bout!

---------- Post added at 05:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 AM ----------

Wow, well about 5 seconds after I posted that you fixed it by making user info and replies in green. Good stuff!

---------- Post added at 05:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 AM ----------

Although I'm not sure about the green, blue, and pink? But at least you are getting the whole contrast issue.

•••
Pink is not working for me either. RJ added the Namepros classic theme which can be selected in your profile or quickly on the bottom left of every page there is a style chooser.

•••
I might go back to #1 Pink™ (in Old School© version now), I can't decide ... :| :lala:

-Jeff B-)

•••
Definitely I hate the pinkie part of it (i've switched back), and honestly I don't like this change at all.
I know you guys have worked hard on it, but this is just my opinion. :)

•••
Definitely I hate the pinkie part of it (i've switched back), and honestly I don't like this change at all.
I know you guys have worked hard on it, but this is just my opinion. :)

Again, +1.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back