Domain Empire

.mobi New Study Shows the Mobile Web Will Rule by 2015

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Interesting article on Mashable with some good graphs...

In a dense, 87-page report, Morgan Stanley analysts have charted the most important online trends and predicted the future of the Internet. In addition to forecasting more online shopping and showing the geographical distribution of Internet users, the study also shows a dramatic shift toward mobile web use..... Morgan Stanley’s analysts believe that, based on the current rate of change and adoption, the mobile web will be bigger than desktop Internet use by 2015.
New Study Shows the Mobile Web Will Rule by 2015 [STATS]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Does it ... specifically reference the ".mobi"? :blink:
IYHO.

Thanks kindly,
Jeff B-)

•••
^exactly. I completely agree that the internet will be big on pdas and what have you. However I dont think it will do as much for .mobi Unless they have it so you don't actually have to type in .mobi and it just defaults. So if you typed in eBay it would go straight to eBay.mobi.

Just IMHO.

•••
Of course mobile internet is going to grow exponentially going forward.
The question (that has been pretty much 100% answered) is what role will "dot mobi" play in mobile internet?

The dot-mobi concept was a failboat from the start. It presupposed that the capacities of mobile browsing would remain static long enough for 'two internets' to take shape- the regular one and a mobile one. Obviously, the "mobile" internet would need identifiers of it's own, ergo the dot-mobi concept.

What's kinda sad about the whole thing is that basically everyone saw the total failure of .mobi coming. I recall reading tech blogs around the time .mobi launched; those nerds pegged the eventual dot-mobi evolution and irrelevance to a tee years before we arrived at this point. They knew that mobile browsing wasn't going to remain segregated very long, but dolts thought that buying 'dot mobi' domain names was some sort of proxy for investing in the mobile internet, which it certainly isn't.

Man I feel sorry for the people who are still behind this dog...

•••
I too feel sorry for those who invested in .mobi

•••
.mob is dead, however i spend $800 I made $$$$ - so dont feel to sorry some of us made money!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back