IT.COM

question Loaded Q: Does Anyone Feel Domainer Guilt?

NameSilo
Watch

Charac

Established Member
Impact
While I am massively interested in domains and the community overall, I don't consider myself a domainer per se. More of a developer having domains for sale and dabbling in prospective projects to develop, along the lines of many others.

- Does anyone feel a sense of guilt that sets in when obtaining a new name and then, selling at a big fat margin too quick, for instance?

- Could it depend on the subject matter?

Recently I stumbled across an ai name that when doing some legwork, discovered it was in use as a transposed .ai but otherwise ordered the exact same wording. And it was being used for medical research. Maybe this is a rare case, but I backed away not feeling right.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
hahah, I have never sold a domain for a fat margin. Someone once gave me extra money as they felt guilty that I was selling too cheap. If you add it all up over the year, are you still making a profit? Does that profit cover the amount of hours you have spent on research, if you paid yourself minimum wage?

•••
Upvote 0
I never felt guilt, domaining is shark infested waters, I always operated ethically in the industry, but if you drop that domain name, i would pick it up. If i could find a way around you, i would take it. at the end of day, Its Profit and business , nothing else

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
One time I fell for the "small company", spiel. Come to find out much bigger company after the sale. The mid $$$ sale could have easily been low $$$$. Never again. Fair pricing but no breaks.

•••
Upvote 0
Does a real estate agent feel guilty when they secure a deal on a house and sell it for a profit?

When you purchase a domain, it becomes your property, giving you the right to sell it at any price. You discovered the domain, acquired it, renewed it, and took the risk regarding its potential sale.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back