Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

axilant

Account Closed
Impact
Dear Cody Selzer,

I am Andrey Pronin the managing director of “IS Company”. I got
your contact through commercial department of your country’s
embassy in my search for a reliable and trustworthily persons.

We want to provide new service for countries which are not in
Paypal’s countries list (http://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?
cmd=_display-approved-signup-countries-outside) such as Estonia,
Ukraine, Russia, etc.

For example people from such countries help American citizens: make
websites, artwork, write articles etc. But they can’t be paid
through Paypal. That’s why, at present, we are creating database of
workers.

All you need is to receive payment via Paypal and send it using
Western Union (www.westernunion.com) to our client.

We agree to compensate you with 20% of the total sum if you send
payment same day
or with 10% if you send payment when it will clear to your bank
account (3-4 day max.)

If you want to get work please contact us without delay on the
above e-mail address.

For verification purposes please provide this information:
Your Name, address, phone (home, work), type of work (“same day” or
3-4 days), your paypal’s email, amount which you can accept (200-
1500$) .

We will contact with you as soon as possible with further
instructions.

Have a good day!

Andrey Pronin,
The managing director of “IS Company”.

Wow, the IS Company contacted me! :P i dont trust this email ;)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
thats the whole email ;) nothing more than that, im pretty sure its a scam...

•••
axilant said:
thats the whole email ;) nothing more than that, im pretty sure its a scam...
It's a scam. A few years back I was talking to someone in a business chatroom and he said that he's in a country where PayPal was not accepted. He asked me if I would accept the payments from his customers via PayPal and send him the money through Western Union and for my efforts I would receive 20% per transaction.

I suspected he was a scammer but thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and agreed to receive the money through PayPal. Shortly after I receive a payment of over $1500 so I sent an email to the email address it came from to verify and indeed the PayPal account owner the money came from knew nothing about the money being sent from his account. The scammer kept sending me emails asking when I was going to send the money to him through Western Union and could tell by his emails he was getting very worried as time went on and he didn't receive anything from me. Needless to say I never sent him a dime and reported him to PayPal, as did the other victim who's PayPal account was compromised. The victim ended up getting his money back, but don't know what happened to the scammer.

I don't recall the name of the "company" the scammer was supposedly from but it's the same scam you mentioned above, although I came into contact with the guy in a business chatroom and not an email. Whatever you do avoid situations like them as they are scammers who are trying to deceive you into believing it's legit.

I HATE scammers!! >:( :yell:

Last edited:
•••
Chris said:
It's a scam. A few years back I was talking to someone in a business chatroom and he said that he's in a country where PayPal was not accepted. He asked me if I would accept the payments from his customers via PayPal and send him the money through Western Union and for my efforts I would receive 20% per transaction.

I suspected he was a scammer but thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and agreed to receive the money through PayPal. Shortly after I receive a payment of over $1500 so I sent an email to the email address it came from to verify and indeed the PayPal account owner the money came from knew nothing about the money being sent from his account. The scammer kept sending me emails asking when I was going to send the money to him through Western Union and could tell by his emails he was getting very worried as time went on and he didn't receive anything from me. Needless to say I never sent him a dime and reported him to PayPal, as did the other victim who's PayPal account was compromised. The victim ended up getting his money back, but don't know what happened to the scammer.

I don't recall the name of the "company" the scammer was supposedly from but it's the same scam you mentioned above, although I came into contact with the guy in a business chatroom and not an email. Whatever you do avoid situations like them as they are scammers who are trying to deceive you into believing it's legit.

I HATE scammers!! >:( :yell:

Alright thanks, i got this info:
[email protected]

I went to Serverstoday.com and the site is empty. :P

•••
axilant said:
Alright thanks, i got this info:
[email protected]

I went to Serverstoday.com and the site is empty. :P
That's a different email than what I had contact with. The idiot I busted was supposedly from Kiev, Ukraine. I forgot to mention in my last post, the scammer also hacked the victim's email account so when I received an email back after I sent one to verify it, then I started receiving bogus emails from the scammer. They were trying to say that "my son bought the laptop without my knowledge" but I was also receiving emails from the real victim. I could tell when it was from the scammer and victim by the headers and the spelling mistakes from the scammer.

It was not a very smart scammer. :laugh:

•••
http://whois.sc/serverstoday.com

nice domain name... i wish a scammer didnt have a hold of it! that could make a great dedicated server host name! :P

IP Location: - Nevada - Reno - Resellermatrix

LOL Ever watch Reno 911? :P

•••
I think this is what the phishers do. Instead of directly sending the money from the accounts they gain passwords to, they launder it through you. This gives them more time to get the money into a bank account somewhere and also makes you look like the bad guy.

•••
I probally wouldnt even do a deal like this anyways, i make my money with programing. not sending others money with western union (I dont even use Western Union) they should have checked that out a bit more ;) LOL like scammers need help to think those things through.... but still lol

So if anyone gets a suspicious email, go with your first instinct, dont just jump onto it, and say free money! theres always a catch to something like this...

•••
I have a business with a Russian guy like that. It works fine, and he's not one of these scammers. I made quite some $$$ on him, 10% per transaction, and no problems so far.

•••
one of the oldest scams in the book, indeed.
good post.

•••
nothing but scammers...my gmail warns me of such emails!!;) all the time when they come

•••
got the exact same email the other day binned it tho

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back