NameSilo

New or Old scam... req an appraisal.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Here is an email I recieved

"
1,300 and 250. Ok.

Do you sell a developed site or just domain name? If you don't have a site it's not a problem. I'm mostly interested in domain names without content.

Do you have appraisals of your domains? I need an appraisal certificate for domain priced in your range. Domain name is an investment for me. I'm going to sell your name later and make a profit. If I overpay I won't be able to make a profit in the future. It's very important for you and me to know the current market value of your domain.

Please note that I don't trust free or cheap appraisals. So I cannot accept appraisal from each and every site.

To avoid mistakes I asked domain experts about reputable appraisal companies in a forum
http://www.domain talk.ourp lace.com/Archive/23076.htm

Juck check this posting.

After I verify an appraisal from you we'll continue our negotiations.

Looking forward to your reply."

I wonder how many people fall for this scam? Anyone got a smarta%@ remark I can email him back with?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That is the oldest scam in the book. Play around with them, I love it.

•••
Ooooh I think I am going to tell them I tried getting an app, but the website is not working, lol

•••
Well they send you to the fake forum, so tell them something like:

"Yeah I love your forums. The warez section was great. Oh by the way, I got the appraisal done. Your admin there "Freddy" said that the site was worth about $XXXX, and said that you would love to buy it off me for that price. I already sent a paypal invoice, you should get it shortly"

Just completely BS it. I love those emails. God I wish I got more of them.

•••
Moved to scams and warnings :)

Thanks,
Allan :gl:

•••
I am a professional and know enough about the domain business that I have no need for 3rd party appraisals. I feel that when all things are considered my asking price is fair and not negotiable.

If you feel the need for an apprasial feel free to do so at your expense. I will be glad to provide traffic stats etc. to your appraiser of choice.

Also, I will choose the escrow service to use in our transaction and as is standard in the Domain business the buyer always pays all escrow costs. This is the best way to protect both parties.

Looking forward to a pleasent transaction which will be beneficial to the both of us.

Charlie Q. Domainer

•••
i always say i get Error 404 not found, site not working, it says i mist login to read the posts, just completely make them up, or if im wanting fun, my comuter dont work so i cant get online to do it

•••
ApeXX said:
Well they send you to the fake forum, so tell them something like:

"Yeah I love your forums. The warez section was great. Oh by the way, I got the appraisal done. Your admin there "Freddy" said that the site was worth about $XXXX, and said that you would love to buy it off me for that price. I already sent a paypal invoice, you should get it shortly"

Just completely BS it. I love those emails. God I wish I got more of them.

ROFL (seriously...)

•••
Lol thats great, Getting there hopes up too :tu:

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back