Dynadot

strategy New Niche Binge - Restaurant and Food Services

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
As most of you know for the last five years I've attempted to carve out a niche portfolio with the likes of new TLD's like; .realty, .homes, .online and most recently .link (see thread titled "Throwing in the Towel".

Not being one to give up on anything and living in the largest resort city in the world I've decided to focus on the food services industry, and restaurants in particular. And this isn't to say I'm giving up on the 300 brandable name portfolio I've accumulated over the years.

This idea/revelation came to me while waiting to pick up my order @ CaribShack.biz (featured on the Food Networks Diners - Drive-Ins and Dives by Guy Fieri). When i saw their .biz TLD, i checked to see who might own the .com and and it happens to be for sale at DAN for $9,300. Then while waiting I thought I'd see if the domain CaribHut.com was available to register, and damned if it was, so for $9.45 i registered it:xf.grin:

In the US alone there are over a million restaurants with well over 200,000 startups each year. Anyone else see this as a profitable niche assuming a comprehensive "outbound" marketing strategy is developed? Anyone own food/restaurant domains that need exposure? Suggestions, observations and recommendations are welcome. Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Brad.....i've had 10X the success in business than you'll ever have. The examples of businesses I founded, operated and named were started and named years before internet domains were even thought of.
The thing is, no one cares.

Plenty of others have named businesses, have connections, etc.

Bragging about past accomplishments and namedropping are not going to get you anywhere.

The proof is in the pudding.

Whatever you have done in the past is clearly not translating to success in the domain field.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I just registered SushiHut.biz and SushiShack.biz for a whopping 5.48 each because neither of the .com's are in use, and DAN is asking $24,888 SushiShack.com:xf.rolleyes:

This ain't gonna work … at least your .biz examples are very helpful for the newcomers to get ideas what to not reg./ invest time, $ and energy … hope is the best you can get.

Regards

•••
Maybe you should be more into branding than domain investment.

I see … CEO moving head L-oo-R after reading a long story about the next big name …

TNG is a rich one who wants to experiment … and we’re lab rabbits. Still, I love his posts, That Name Guy account name and … bling avatar … sleeping on a couch , legs on the table- w Escrow.com logo sticker and a dog … so curious about wtf is going on …

Regards

Last edited:
•••
This ain't gonna work … at least your .biz examples are very helpful for the newcomers to get ideas what to not reg./ invest time, $ and energy … hope is the best you can get.

Regards
So you somehow know .biz won't work as an alternative to .com when .com isn't available? And i guess the "end user" somehow knows that as well?

.Biz was introduced 22 years ago June 26, 2001 as a generic TLD. It's intended for registrations of domains to be used for biznesses whenever the .com isn't available.

Neustar was the original registry for .biz, but as of 2020 (just three years ago) Go Daddy has become the new registry. Despite my personal feelings about Go Daddy, having been a Bizness Guy for over 50 years I like .biz as an alternative to .com.

Lox, in all due respect the average "end user" hasn't a clue how this business works. In the example I used for the "Carib Shack", there was no way they were going to pay $9,300 for the .com, especially when they learned .biz worked just as well.

Ironically, just a mile down the road from the Carib Shack is "BoBo's Chicken", and i'll be meeting with the owner Bo next Thursday about getting into the "wings business":xf.wink: As a result I've purchased BoBoWings.com and BoBosWings.com. I spent a whopping $9.45 for each of these names.

Wish me Luck Lox:xf.cool:

•••
The thing is, no one cares.
The thing is Brad....I Care, regardless of what you think.

Yes I've been at this game for a while, but like the domain DeterminationWins.com I'm here for the long haul:xf.wink:

Ever hear the Nursery Rhyme about the "Turtle and the Hare" Guess who wins the race Brad🐢

•••
So you somehow know .biz won't work as an alternative to .com when .com isn't available? And i guess the "end user" somehow knows that as well?

.Biz was introduced 22 years ago June 26, 2001 as a generic TLD. It's intended for registrations of domains to be used for biznesses whenever the .com isn't available.

Neustar was the original registry for .biz, but as of 2020 (just three years ago) Go Daddy has become the new registry. Despite my personal feelings about Go Daddy, having been a Bizness Guy for over 50 years I like .biz as an alternative to .com.

Lox, in all due respect the average "end user" hasn't a clue how this business works. In the example I used for the "Carib Shack", there was no way they were going to pay $9,300 for the .com, especially when they learned .biz worked just as well.

Ironically, just a mile down the road from the Carib Shack is "BoBo's Chicken", and i'll be meeting with the owner Bo next Thursday about getting into the "wings business":xf.wink: As a result I've purchased BoBoWings.com and BoBosWings.com. I spent a whopping $9.45 for each of these names.

Wish me Luck Lox:xf.cool:

(y) All Best!

Regards

•••
Indeed, Given the number of local food outlets available to most members here, the name is fairly insignificant, food quality, location, price and reputation are all that prevail in our choice of establishment. We tend to remember only the geographical location of the best food-outlets, Hardly ever the name unless it's a national brand

you'd be far better off going for domains that represent the Supply-chain for those businesses. Once again you seem to have gone-off on a poorly thought through domain concept.

I sold a few domains that I thought suitable for restaurant branding. I don't think any ever got used in that context though. Thankfully none contained the word 'Chicken'
I agree with your assessment of the word 'Chicken' Especially the two word combo 'Chicken Livers'. The Wing's the Thing:xf.wink:

•••
Ever hear the Nursery Rhyme about the "Turtle and the Hare" Guess who wins the race Brad🐢
The hare is very confident of winning, so it stops during the race and falls asleep. The tortoise continues to move very slowly but without stopping and finally it wins the race. The moral lesson of the story is that you can be more successful by doing things slowly and steadily than by acting quickly and carelessly.

Jumping from extension to extension and going on "binges" is hardly slow and steady.

You are the one who is overconfident, despite a lack of results.

Much to your chagrin, you are the hare in that story. 🐇

The tortoises are the domain investors who build quality inventory over time, make sales, and continue to scale up.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Nice to see you back at it, Rich.

As much as I love restaurants, I personally have not had much success with domain names in this niche. I think that restaurant owners, on average, are much less likely to spend significant money on a domain, since they are much more reliant on local customers and word-of-mouth. Brand authority via an exact match .com name doesn't tend to be as big a factor for them as it is for businesses in many other industries.

Your Carib Shack example illustrates this perfectly. They're operating on the lowly .biz TLD (no doubt hand registered), but it sounds like it has had very little impact on their success.

I think that catchy food industry brand names are still a great investment, so long as the name isn't one that would be limited to being used for a restaurant.
I was the owner of CaribHut.com for a few years and dropped it. I did get interest once but possibly countered too high. Not meaning to offend, but many Caribbean people are stingy with their money(I'm Jamaican btw) and may not see the value in investing in domains. Maybe their kitchen tools etc will come first. And I've sold other food related names in the past too. It's a good niche, but pricing must be right. Because most are small startup restaurants, mom and pop shops and bloggers who won't pay very high for a food name, when they are trying to survive just to pay their staff.

But i do see potential in it if priced and marketed right. Wishing you the best going forward.

I'm a foodie myself... with a few food names left in the barrel.

•••
I was the owner of CaribHut.com for a few years and dropped it. I did get interest once but possibly countered too high. Not meaning to offend, but many Caribbean people are stingy with their money(I'm Jamaican btw) and may not see the value in investing in domains. Maybe their kitchen tools etc will come first. And I've sold other food related names in the past too. It's a good niche, but pricing must be right. Because most are small startup restaurants, mom and pop shops and bloggers who won't pay very high for a food name, when they are trying to survive just to pay their staff.

But i do see potential in it if priced and marketed right. Wishing you the best going forward.

I'm a foodie myself... with a few food names left in the barrel.
Wow Rory....am i glad you showed up, and thanks for chiming in. I'm a little surprised you dropped CaribHut.com, but I see where you still own a killer portfolio of Food and Drink domains displayed at Got Brands.

I've yet to develop "Domain Gourmet", but I sure would like to talk/meet with you about it. You're right about mom and pop startups not having the where with all to spend a lot of money on domains, however there are also a lot of well funded startups. According to Bankrate.com the "average" startup cost for a new restaurant in 2018 was $375,000:xf.wink: What I've found too is many doctors, lawyers and successful business people will send their kids to top culinary schools when the academic highway is closed.

Finally, and a little off topic, Winsome Sears our Lt. Governor here in Virginia was born in Kingston Jamaica. I'll share a little more about my connection with her later. Thanks again Rory.

•••
Wow Rory....am i glad you showed up, and thanks for chiming in. I'm a little surprised you dropped CaribHut.com, but I see where you still own a killer portfolio of Food and Drink domains displayed at Got Brands.

I've yet to develop "Domain Gourmet", but I sure would like to talk/meet with you about it. You're right about mom and pop startups not having the where with all to spend a lot of money on domains, however there are also a lot of well funded startups. According to Bankrate.com the "average" startup cost for a new restaurant in 2018 was $375,000:xf.wink: What I've found too is many doctors, lawyers and successful business people will send their kids to top culinary schools when the academic highway is closed.

Finally, and a little off topic, Winsome Sears our Lt. Governor here in Virginia was born in Kingston Jamaica. I'll share a little more about my connection with her later. Thanks again Rory.
Glad to hear from you as well man! You know, sometimes having alot of names, I'm forced to let some go and keep the better one's when renewals comes around. I also let go CaribSocial.com.. which i just see HugeDomains has it listed for 10K. I still hold my favorite one, which is nyam.com, which means "to eat" in Jamaica and other parts of the world. Seeing the names i drop are coveted by others, it gives me reassurance than i handreg and buy solid names and not to give up when i go through periods with no sales.

I agree with startups... I did sell boothone.com to a celebrity/luxury restaurant few years back. Sadly they went out of business.. i don't know if covid played a role. But i 100% see a profitable niche here. We might be entering a time too where people desire farming and cooking more- especially with the lab/fake meat push. Thanks for sharing about your Governor.. I'd love to hear more. I have a small connection to Virginia too.

Last edited:
•••
I haven't logged in for quite a while and look at what I find when I jump back in.......a new binge thread created by Rich - what a way to start my day!

Rich, can you at least this time use a bit of logic to at least give yourself a small chance of selling.....

Below are the 100 most popular keywords used by U.S based restaurants in their domain names in 2021 according to Chat GPT.......

1. Food
  2. Restaurant
  3. Grill
  4. Bar
  5. Cafe
  6. Bistro
  7. Eatery
  8. Tavern
  9. Diner
  10. Kitchen
  11. Pub
  12. Cuisine
  13. House
  14. Dining
  15. Pizzeria
  16. Steakhouse
  17. Deli
  18. Seafood
  19. Sushi
  20. Burger
  21. Bakery
  22. Lounge
  23. Gastropub
  24. Buffet
  25. Pizza
  26. Gourmet
  27. Breakfast
  28. BBQ
  29. Fusion
  30. Fresh
  31. Wine
  32. Coffee
  33. Organic
  34. Market
  35. Vegan
  36. Mexican
  37. Italian
  38. Asian
  39. Indian
  40. Chinese
  41. Noodles
  42. Tacos
  43. Brasserie
  44. Roast
  45. Sandwich
  46. Local
  47. Smoothie
  48. Salad
  49. Tea
  50. Juice
  51. Craft
  52. Farm
  53. Delight
  54. Bowl
  55. Street
  56. Fast
  57. Wok
  58. Ale
  59. Fish
  60. Spices
  61. Dish
  62. Fine
  63. Family
  64. Soul
  65. Smoke
  66. Cheesecake
  67. Bagel
  68. Creamery
  69. Shack
  70. Quick
  71. Snack
  72. Ice
  73. Sweets
  74. Donuts
  75. Kebab
  76. Nook
  77. Catering
  78. Garden
  79. Comfort
  80. Pasta
  81. Grillhouse
  82. Lounge
  83. Espresso
  84. Canteen
  85. Munch
  86. Taste
  87. Country
  88. Flavors
  89. Burrito
  90. Fries
  91. Southern
  92. Sub
  93. Wings
  94. Oyster
  95. Liquor
  96. Tapas
  97. Ramen
  98. Vintage
  99. Sip
  100. Aroma
You can search online to update the above list for this year and use harpa.ai to create a new list if you wanted.....

Below is a list of popular domain keywords for the food and drink industry - might be a couple of crossovers with the above......

1. Fresh
  2. Local
  3. Organic
  4. Healthy
  5. Quick
  6. Delicious
  7. Gourmet
  8. Tasty
  9. Pure
  10. Natural
  11. Vegan
  12. Farm
  13. FreeRange
  14. GlutenFree
  15. Paleo
  16. Ethnic
  17. Spicy
  18. Sweet
  19. Savory
  20. Craft
  21. Artisan
  22. Nutritious
  23. Eco
  24. NonGMO
  25. Fine
  26. Quality
  27. Premium
  28. Family
  29. Fast
  30. Fusion
  31. Homemade
  32. Diet
  33. ZeroWaste
  34. Comfort
  35. Ready
  36. Specialty
  37. Beverage
  38. Bakery
  39. Wine
  40. Coffee
  41. Juice
  42. Tea
  43. Soda
  44. Smoothie
  45. Liquor
  46. Pub
  47. Tap
  48. Brew
  49. Beer
  50. Cocktail
  51. Spirits
  52. Meal
  53. Feast
  54. Flavors
  55. Green
  56. PlantBased
  57. Dairy
  58. Meat
  59. Seafood
  60. Poultry
  61. Veggie
  62. Snack
  63. Breakfast
  64. Lunch
  65. Dinner
  66. Baking
  67. Culinary
  68. Kitchen
  69. Foodie
  70. Eat
  71. Chow
  72. Bite
  73. Market
  74. Grocery
  75. Chef
  76. Recipe
  77. Cook
  78. Grill
  79. Oven
  80. Fry
  81. Boil
  82. Roast
  83. Blend
  84. Mix
  85. Sip
  86. Taste
  87. Indulge
  88. Yummy
  89. Tangy
  90. Hearty
  91. Aroma
  92. Wholesome
  93. Zesty
  94. Freshness
  95. Goodness
  96. Pick
  97. Gather
  98. Source
  99. Choice
  100. Supply
These lists should give you an idea on what keywords to look at for new registrations and on the drop lists, it's not an area that interests me much, not a lot of money to be squeezed out of these types of businesses......

But, it's your money.......GL with the new venture.....

•••
I haven't logged in for quite a while and look at what I find when I jump back in.......a new binge thread created by Rich - what a way to start my day!

Rich, can you at least this time use a bit of logic to at least give yourself a small chance of selling.....

Below are the 100 most popular keywords used by U.S based restaurants in their domain names in 2021 according to Chat GPT.......

1. Food
  2. Restaurant
  3. Grill
  4. Bar
  5. Cafe
  6. Bistro
  7. Eatery
  8. Tavern
  9. Diner
  10. Kitchen
  11. Pub
  12. Cuisine
  13. House
  14. Dining
  15. Pizzeria
  16. Steakhouse
  17. Deli
  18. Seafood
  19. Sushi
  20. Burger
  21. Bakery
  22. Lounge
  23. Gastropub
  24. Buffet
  25. Pizza
  26. Gourmet
  27. Breakfast
  28. BBQ
  29. Fusion
  30. Fresh
  31. Wine
  32. Coffee
  33. Organic
  34. Market
  35. Vegan
  36. Mexican
  37. Italian
  38. Asian
  39. Indian
  40. Chinese
  41. Noodles
  42. Tacos
  43. Brasserie
  44. Roast
  45. Sandwich
  46. Local
  47. Smoothie
  48. Salad
  49. Tea
  50. Juice
  51. Craft
  52. Farm
  53. Delight
  54. Bowl
  55. Street
  56. Fast
  57. Wok
  58. Ale
  59. Fish
  60. Spices
  61. Dish
  62. Fine
  63. Family
  64. Soul
  65. Smoke
  66. Cheesecake
  67. Bagel
  68. Creamery
  69. Shack
  70. Quick
  71. Snack
  72. Ice
  73. Sweets
  74. Donuts
  75. Kebab
  76. Nook
  77. Catering
  78. Garden
  79. Comfort
  80. Pasta
  81. Grillhouse
  82. Lounge
  83. Espresso
  84. Canteen
  85. Munch
  86. Taste
  87. Country
  88. Flavors
  89. Burrito
  90. Fries
  91. Southern
  92. Sub
  93. Wings
  94. Oyster
  95. Liquor
  96. Tapas
  97. Ramen
  98. Vintage
  99. Sip
  100. Aroma
You can search online to update the above list for this year and use harpa.ai to create a new list if you wanted.....

Below is a list of popular domain keywords for the food and drink industry - might be a couple of crossovers with the above......

1. Fresh
  2. Local
  3. Organic
  4. Healthy
  5. Quick
  6. Delicious
  7. Gourmet
  8. Tasty
  9. Pure
  10. Natural
  11. Vegan
  12. Farm
  13. FreeRange
  14. GlutenFree
  15. Paleo
  16. Ethnic
  17. Spicy
  18. Sweet
  19. Savory
  20. Craft
  21. Artisan
  22. Nutritious
  23. Eco
  24. NonGMO
  25. Fine
  26. Quality
  27. Premium
  28. Family
  29. Fast
  30. Fusion
  31. Homemade
  32. Diet
  33. ZeroWaste
  34. Comfort
  35. Ready
  36. Specialty
  37. Beverage
  38. Bakery
  39. Wine
  40. Coffee
  41. Juice
  42. Tea
  43. Soda
  44. Smoothie
  45. Liquor
  46. Pub
  47. Tap
  48. Brew
  49. Beer
  50. Cocktail
  51. Spirits
  52. Meal
  53. Feast
  54. Flavors
  55. Green
  56. PlantBased
  57. Dairy
  58. Meat
  59. Seafood
  60. Poultry
  61. Veggie
  62. Snack
  63. Breakfast
  64. Lunch
  65. Dinner
  66. Baking
  67. Culinary
  68. Kitchen
  69. Foodie
  70. Eat
  71. Chow
  72. Bite
  73. Market
  74. Grocery
  75. Chef
  76. Recipe
  77. Cook
  78. Grill
  79. Oven
  80. Fry
  81. Boil
  82. Roast
  83. Blend
  84. Mix
  85. Sip
  86. Taste
  87. Indulge
  88. Yummy
  89. Tangy
  90. Hearty
  91. Aroma
  92. Wholesome
  93. Zesty
  94. Freshness
  95. Goodness
  96. Pick
  97. Gather
  98. Source
  99. Choice
  100. Supply
These lists should give you an idea on what keywords to look at for new registrations and on the drop lists, it's not an area that interests me much, not a lot of money to be squeezed out of these types of businesses......

But, it's your money.......GL with the new venture.....
Thanks Nick.....i'm not sure I agree with "not a lot of money to be squeezed out of these types of businesses". Did you read my comment the "average" cost of starting a new restaurant in 2018 was $375,000? Like someone said, domains for these buyers need to be "priced right", but not like $10,000 for CaribShack.com:xf.rolleyes:

My intent is to focus on startups who are initially pretty well funded. It's the same demographic individual that could afford a franchise that I'm looking to sell a domain 2.

Again, thanks so much for the "keyword" lists for the restaurant and food service industry. I'm somewhat of a linguistic/word/poet guy, and playing games with names is in my dna:xf.wink:

•••
Glad to hear from you as well man! You know, sometimes having alot of names, I'm forced to let some go and keep the better one's when renewals comes around. I also let go CaribSocial.com.. which i just see HugeDomains has it listed for 10K. I still hold my favorite one, which is nyam.com, which means "to eat" in Jamaica and other parts of the world. Seeing the names i drop are coveted by others, it gives me reassurance than i handreg and buy solid names and not to give up when i go through periods with no sales.

I agree with startups... I did sell boothone.com to a celebrity/luxury restaurant few years back. Sadly they went out of business.. i don't know if covid played a role. But i 100% see a profitable niche here. We might be entering a time too where people desire farming and cooking more- especially with the lab/fake meat push. Thanks for sharing about your Governor.. I'd love to hear more. I have a small connection to Virginia too.
Rory....i use to do a lot of business at trade shows for both the financial services industry and for the medical insurance and billing industries. I think the same thing can be done for the restaurant and food services industry, especially for startup's. If you Google "restaurant start ups" you'll find there are dozens of companies to include law firms who can help (for a fee) startups.

CaribShack.biz was featured on the Food Networks; Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives with Guy Fieri. Personally i don't think it's too much of a stretch to see if either the Food Network or Guy Fieri himself might have an interest in either endorsing or partnering in a domain venture?

I don't know if anyone reading this has heard of "Fresh Overnight" but I've been known to overnight fresh crab cakes to family and clients as far away as Colorado. Starting with the name FreshOvernight.xxx I'd think a multi million dollar business could evolve for an enterprising individual.

As a foodie Rory, do you like crab cakes? How about oyster rocks....that's my specialty:xf.wink: Thanks again my friend.

•••
Rory....i use to do a lot of business at trade shows for both the financial services industry and for the medical insurance and billing industries. I think the same thing can be done for the restaurant and food services industry, especially for startup's. If you Google "restaurant start ups" you'll find there are dozens of companies to include law firms who can help (for a fee) startups.

CaribShack.biz was featured on the Food Networks; Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives with Guy Fieri. Personally i don't think it's too much of a stretch to see if either the Food Network or Guy Fieri himself might have an interest in either endorsing or partnering in a domain venture?

I don't know if anyone reading this has heard of "Fresh Overnight" but I've been known to overnight fresh crab cakes to family and clients as far away as Colorado. Starting with the name FreshOvernight.xxx I'd think a multi million dollar business could evolve for an enterprising individual.

As a foodie Rory, do you like crab cakes? How about oyster rocks....that's my specialty:xf.wink: Thanks again my friend.

Comparing Medical Insurance/Billing and Financial Services to the Restaurant industry is like comparing apples to oranges. Totally different. Unless you are looking to make double your reg fee if you're lucky, the restaurant business is the wrong one to target.

A number of years ago I had a friend who owned a popular local restaurant. I found a better variation of his name and registered it. I figured I could trade the name for a free meal or two as a nice gesture. He declined, as he said as others said, "the domain name isn't important for a small restaurant". Most people find restaurants via a google search or social media.

Your concept is viable, as I did it 20 years ago (although with companies that could easily spend 4-6 figures for a domain), and not tiny restaurants that could care less if the domain has a hyphen, .us, .biz, .pigs. lol.

•••
Comparing Medical Insurance/Billing and Financial Services to the Restaurant industry is like comparing apples to oranges. Totally different. Unless you are looking to make double your reg fee if you're lucky, the restaurant business is the wrong one to target.

A number of years ago I had a friend who owned a popular local restaurant. I found a better variation of his name and registered it. I figured I could trade the name for a free meal or two as a nice gesture. He declined, as he said as others said, "the domain name isn't important for a small restaurant". Most people find restaurants via a google search or social media.

Your concept is viable, as I did it 20 years ago (although with companies that could easily spend 4-6 figures for a domain), and not tiny restaurants that could care less if the domain has a hyphen, .us, .biz, .pigs. lol.

Yeah, it is hard to really think of a worse niche when it comes to domain investment.

Approximately 60% of restaurants fail within the first year of operation and 80% fail within the first five years.

I could see buying quality terms that could be used in the food field, like SimplyDelicious.com or something like that.

However, I don't think limited terms and/or oddball extensions is the way to go.

CaribShack.biz is an objectively awful domain.

Buying a domain like Sushi(whatever).biz makes no sense as an investment.

I mean, it is not even like Sushi.biz is worth all that much. I have bought much better terms in .biz for a couple hundred dollars.

Even if the idea of investing in this niche was a good one, the execution is bad.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
Yeah, it is hard to really think of a worse niche when it comes to domain investment.

Approximately 60% of restaurants fail within the first year of operation and 80% fail within the first five years.

I could see buying quality terms that could be used in the food field, like SimplyDelicious.com or something like that.

However, I don't think limited terms and/or oddball extensions is the way to go.

CaribShack.biz is an objectively awful domain.

Buying a domain like Sushi(whatever).biz makes no sense as an investment.

I mean, it is not even like Sushi.biz is worth all that much. I have bought much better terms in .biz for a couple hundred dollars.

Even if the idea of investing in this niche was a good one, the execution is bad.

Brad
What do you know about Bizness Brad? Apparently what i said went way over your head. First I never said .biz was a great extension. I only mentioned it as an alternative to .com when it isn't available, and if you'll just go to CaribShack.biz you'll find it leads to the exact same website "if" it were a .com:xf.rolleyes:

Sure, a lot (not 60%) of restaurants fail in the first year, but that's not the point. Most restaurants are pretty well funded at startup (average startup cost 375K) and can afford to pay for a reasonably priced domain.

With regards to execution, i suppose you mean registering/buying a domain then listing them with the likes of DAN or Afternic and hoping and praying that someone finds and buys the domain? This is NOT what I'm talking about......i'm talking about actively marketing to potential "end users" looking to get into the restaurant and food service business.

The way you buy and sell domains Brad obviously doesn't work for me, but just maybe a novel common sense approach will. Remember, Determination Wins!

•••
Holy, guacamole.
Damn!.......i really like the name "Holy Guacamole"......who doesn't like Guacamole(y) Damn! again, i just checked to see if HolyGuacamole.com is already in use, and Voila! it's not, but Damn! again for the third time..... i can buy it for $10,000, if only I had $10,000:xf.cry:

Voila! again, for $5.66 at Namecheap I'm the proud new owner of HolyGuacamole.biz

If this isn't FuckedUp.com i don't know what is. Holy Guacamole!!!

•••

CUSH.....i had something similar happen as you buying your friend a domain. My friends restaurant YnotPizza.com currently does over 10M a year in gross revenues (six locations), and i thought for sure he'd want Ynot.pizza. Unfortunately he didn't so i dropped it, but I see someone else owns it now?

My point is Ynot Pizza is not a tiny restaurant, but while keying this response, since Tony (ynot spelled backwards) has a pretty large catering division I may be looking to register YnotCatering.com just for shits and giggles. If he doesn't want it I'm sure there's another Tony who just may want to get into the catering business:unsure:

Domain Exposure is the name of the game!

•••
Angry Looney Tunes GIF by Bombay Softwares

•••
That name guy, I think you should stop buying domains and see a shrink asap lol

•••
A group of kids on my street have been operating a lemonade stand all summer. They even have a name for it. I should buy a .com or .biz name and get them to buy it from me, because we all know how well funded 13 year old's running a lemonade stand are. Not to mention the way their sales will skyrocket when people google search MarkMikeJennaAndLeahsLemonadeStand.biz. Easily a 5 to 6 figure domain. Right?

•••
A group of kids on my street have been operating a lemonade stand all summer. They even have a name for it. I should buy a .com or .biz name and get them to buy it from me, because we all know how well funded 13 year old's running a lemonade stand are. Not to mention the way their sales will skyrocket when people google search MarkMikeJennaAndLeahsLemonadeStand.biz. Easily a 5 to 6 figure domain. Right?
Well you're a big help....maybe instead of Lemonade they'd be interested in one of my favorites HalfHash:xf.wink:com or maybe a CannaCush.com

Maybe it's the kids on your street, but the kids in my neighborhood are way smarter.....instead of Lemonade, they sell Beer and Wine:ROFL:

•••
That name guy, I think you should stop buying domains and see a shrink asap lol
I am a shrink.....did that go over your head?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back