IT.COM

New gTLD Registrations So Far Past Half Million As .GURU Passes 50,000

NameSilo
Watch

ankitpatel

Established Member
Impact
The total number of domain names registered across all new gTLDs roared past 500,000 on 15 April, jumping 46,349 registrations in one day according nTLDstats.com. The number of domains registered across all of the new gTLDs stood at 558,051 as of 21 April.
And .guru has become the first of the new gTLDs to pass the 50,000 registrations mark, reaching 51,390 with a market share of 9.21 percent, and widening the gap in recent weeks to .berlin which now has 46,405 registrations, and a 8.32 percent market share. In third place is still .photography that now has 32,832 registrations.
The number of registrations has grown consistently, with registrations being in part driven by the progressive General Availability of new gTLDs, and the more successful driving bumps in total figures. One bump coming soon will be the launch of .london. Anyone with an interest in a .london domain can apply from 29 April. Preferences are given to applicants as follows:
those with trademarks verified with ICANN's Trademark Clearinghouse database
Londoners (those with a physical address in the City of London or its 32 boroughs) with rights to a name (such as proof of business or trading name)
Londoners (those with a physical address in the City of London or its 32 boroughs)
non-Londoners.
During August 2014, Dot London will allocate names according to priority ranking and where there is more than one applicant in the same priority ranking for the same domain name, an auction will decide who will get the name.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i see buzz is pulling a shilling and moving a bunch of 'premium' domains to 'another' company and making them resolve..if more registries do this numbers will be useless.
The numbers "registered" might be useless but the numbers on particular hosters can show this kind of activity quite well. When checking the state of a TLD, one of the first things that is looked at is the domains on known PPC hosters and registries. If most of a TLD's domains are on this kind of hoster, then it is a very serious indication of a TLD with little development or usage.

Regards...jmcc

•••
i dont know about you guys
but i have already sold 2 domains (new gtld) each over 10k
this is the future of the internet, whether you like it or not
only people who have invested alot in .com are not really happy about these changes.
i made a huge mistake few years ago but not investing on a good .com domain when i could buy them for so cheap.
I will not make the same mistake again.
good luck to all

•••
only people who have invested alot in .com are not really happy about these changes.
i made a huge mistake few years ago but not investing on a good .com domain when i could buy them for so cheap.
good luck to all
how come you didn't report them? this would make them the biggest new gtld sales to date that weren't sold direct from the registry. it could be a boom to the new gtld market. you should report the sales unless they aren't real and you're just making stuff up.

•••
jasonn , i dont want to report it based on the customer request , but i am willing to share my escrow invoice with you just with the domain extension (not the actual domain name)
pm me your skype if you really interested.
i dont have to make shit up i dont work for donut.

•••
jasonn , i dont want to report it based on the customer request , but i am willing to share my escrow invoice with you just with the domain extension (not the actual domain name)
pm me your skype if you really interested.
i dont have to make shit up i dont work for donut.
For a little perspective, can you tell us how many new TLD names you now own?

•••
For a little perspective, can you tell us how many new TLD names you now own?

all bought in early access program

•••
all bought in early access program

Great, what vertical/category and extension the domains belonged to?

You can reveal that much to encourage the new gTLD non-believers. :)

•••
good luck to all

Just curious, which .extensions were they?

•••
Just curious, which .extensions were they?

both with .directory extension GEO

I am in process of selling an GEO with .estate extension for 8500 dollars, if buyer agreed I will report the sale.

•••
both with .directory extension GEO

I am in process of selling an GEO with .estate extension for 8500 dollars, if buyer agreed I will report the sale.

i will take your word for it but can only imagine owning such a small number you must be reaching out to people instead of them coming to you.

•••
good luck to all

Your sales don't imply that these vanity extensions are the future of the internet. This entire reasoning is why most people new to domaining will lose money on these new extensions.

You better invest that money and buy more domains since this is the future. I'll look forward to seeing your portfolio after a few years. Keep it up and you'll be the king of gTLD's!

I didn't know that you could buy really good .coms for so cheap only a few years ago???

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back