IT.COM

New GoDaddy 2FA tools and settings great for Everyone

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Joe Styler

Aftermarket Product ManagerTop Member
GoDaddy Staff
Impact
We finally released an update to our 2 factor security which I know many people have been asking for. You can now add a backup besides your phone to receive the codes such as an app like Google Authenticator. You can now set the 2fa up for the whole account or just high risk transactions such as, changes to your password or PIN.

If you want all the details we have an article here https://www.godaddy.com/help/enable-two-step-verification-7502

You can go update or add 2FA by going here in your account. https://account.godaddy.com/security

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey everyone .. while I too have issues with my GD experience .. but let's try to help GD on this issue by keeping this topic on topic .. I've had plenty of super frustrating login issues in the past and am "hopeful" that with these new changes they've taken advantage to clean up some of the other login related code/backend and we'll see fewer login issues and bugs (yeah .. I'm probably dreaming).

These are extremely serious issues for those of us relying on access to our GD accounts for time sensitive transactions .. so please let's not distract the importance of GD logins by taking the discussion off topic (feel free to start a new thread for that though .. lol .. and I'll be the first to support if what you say makes sense) :)

•••
It would be nice if you could add an option for 'backup codes' like other sites have. That way if you don't have your phone with you, you can at least use a 1-time backup code.

•••
Great! Next step, backup codes (what if your phone breaks!??) free privacy and competitive .com renewal pricing (no discount club!)

;)

•••
Any chance for a "medium' option, which adds 2FA for outgoing pushes & transfers too? I think for most domainers it would be the best balance between security and convenience.

•••
It would be nice if you could add an option for 'backup codes' like other sites have. That way if you don't have your phone with you, you can at least use a 1-time backup code.
That was part of the announcement actually - backup code option and app support such as google authenticator.

•••
That was part of the announcement actually - backup code option and app support such as google authenticator.

Hmm, I know it said you can add a backup method, like the app or another phone, but I didn't see anything about backup codes. You can setup like 10 one-time use backup codes for when you don't have a device? If so, you should add that to the support documentation...because several of the articles, like 'I can't receive my code' don't mention anything about using a backup code...they tell you to fill out a form and send it with ID.

•••
You can add a backup method not backup codes. So you can use a phone number , an app, two apps, two phone numbers, etc. There are a lot of options to be able to get into your account if one of the methods is giving you an issue at the time.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back