Domain Empire

advice New domains to invest

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lucky China Domains

Account Closed
Impact
Hello I'm new here and I'm starting to invest in domains.

I hope you could me help with some advice when I need.

I'm looking for future domains to invest, which one will be better?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
VR domains and two word brandables.

•••
Don't buy any domains for awhile. Just read this forum thoroughly till you understand what sells and why.

•••
I think you will find domainers will tell you that you should 'invest' in their domains! LOL

My tips would be:

- Perhaps the best thing you can do is read through as many threads on here as you can, take a month or two so as to learn about domaining a little.

- Generally stick to subjects you know something about or are interested in.

- By domains whereby you can see could be a successful website developed on it (not by you but by an 'end user').

- Look for developing trends that might create a buzz in the future.

- When registering a domain name make sure that it is one you would be happy to renew for the next 5 years if you are not lucky enough to sell it before that.

Hope that helps.

•••
Why future domains ? What about the present, and what already works today ? :)

•••
Dot .rocks domains!

That's a very self-serving post. Why would you tell a beginner that?
My Advice: Avoid GTLDs like .rocks .xyz etc until you've read enough and have a grasp of .COMs and ccTLDs. Heck just stick with .COMs in the beginning. Some of the current future/current trends are VR (virtual reality), IoT (Internet of Things), Fog Technology, Lifi, LLLL.com, LLNN.coms, etc. There are some very active threads on some of those here on Namepros especially the VR thread. I recommend reading them and then ask questions in those threads.
Avoid the trap of buying domains with the mindset that quantity is better because you have more chance of selling because you have more. FALSE The reality is, rather then buying 200 .COMs of poor quality, you are better off with 20 good domains or 5-10 great domains.

Good luck! You are off in the right direction by posting this question!

•••
That's a very self-serving post. Why would you tell a beginner that?
My Advice: Avoid GTLDs like .rocks .xyz etc
agreed avoid, because we (new gTLD domain name investors) do not need competition..

.xyz domain name sales
upload_2015-12-28_19-17-0.png

autism.rocks sold for 100,000 USD 2015-06-18 Sedo
moon.rocks sold for $8,000
https://abc.xyz/ is Google

upload_2015-12-28_19-19-25.png

•••
•••
Best names for invest - only .com
Another names like compromise:xf.smile::xf.grin:

•••
@RU Ooooo Microsoft owns Microsoft.Rocks. You don't think every major brand especially in tech try to protect their brand? You've never heard of Mark Monitor that renders that service to the biggest brands? How many .rocks, .pub, .ninja have you sold (proof)?

I didn't say avoid GTLDs because there's no money to be made. Because I own a sizable portfolio of premium names and have sold plenty. But your only advice to a beginner who knows nothing of the industry is to go dive head first into .Rocks? Do you think that was helpful and sincere information? You're posting all these sales of .xyz.... do you think he has a shot of buying names now given those price points? Do you think he understands the risk associated with those names? I called you out because I don't want to see this guy blowing his/her money on an insincere comment. At the very least you could have provided more information. Had you spent the same amount of time responding to my post with your data search and put that effort in your initial post, maybe your post would have been helpful instead of self-serving. I'm done with this thread. I don't engage in conversations where we have a fundamental different view on things.

Take care and enjoy the rest of your holidays.

•••
agreed avoid, because we (new gTLD domain name investors) do not need competition..

Putting your point aside, a Microsoft powered rock would be pretty interesting.

Perhaps in a geeky world, it would replace the overpriced corrupt diamond. That is if the future implaces better data protection / use measures.

Kidding aside, some domainers could see this as a bandwagon that microsoft will one day develop a rock product. Rock, a common word like windows, would have more leniency than others. In which case the current owners of RockSupport.com and RockRepair.com would be sitting on a future gold mind.

A similar phenomena being the case of the royal family naming their daughter Charlotte, and a NPer having previously regged Princess Charlotte dot com.

•••
•••
I'm looking for future domains to invest, wich one will be better?

.com is king Average price $8.50

other tlds Average price some times less than $1

More domains = more potential sales by quantity
Better domains = more potential sales by quality

Waiting, watching, and learning for a few months is the best advice. Unless you have a bunch of money to waste on bad registrations, I'd recommend setting up a ExpiredDomains.net account. Monitor expired domains, and keep a list of domains you like. At the end of each day / week / month, run a WHOIS query on all the domains you were interested in to see how many were registered. You'll find the lists you come up at the beginning of learning to domain will have far more unregistered names than the lists compiled after more time and research in the industry / NamePros.

[PS] Lucky China was my favorite Chinese restaurant. I say was because they shut down. Anybody else know of a Lucky China that's still open? :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
a two word brandable is something like redbox.com hellofresh.com bluebunny.com happymonkey.com

•••
Replies in this thread should have given you some idea on the domaining world.

There are some wonderful people who give you good advice if you are willing to learn.

There are some crooks who mislead you for their benefits.

Please read as much as possible and try to gain as much knowledge as possible.

Forget future and other themes. Study the names which are selling or which have that potential. It takes time to get that idea.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hi friend I will consider all advices.. I'd like thank you for all your time!

•••
Advice from several years in the industry...
-most individuals lose money their first 2-3 years in this industry and very few individuals actually make a full-time living merely from buying and selling domain names
-selling domains is not easy, rather it is far more difficult than one would think by looking at sales reports
-there are far far more domains already for sale on the major aftermarkets - SEDO, Godaddy, Afternic, etc than end users are buying. Don't be delusional and believe that you can just register a bunch of domains and the cash register will start ringing. Most anything you pick up probably will not sell in a short timeframe.
-the few domains you are able to sell will have to pay for the majority you do not so focus on quality (not quantity) as one good domain cannot carry the weight of hundreds of domains no one wants
-resist the temptation to hand register hundreds of domain names which are available. If a domain is still available to register after 20+ years of the internet's existence, it is likely not very valuable.
-resist the temptation to acquire domains in any extension other than .COM until you have learned the type of domain that end users pay money for - short, memorable, commercial use and in most cases .COM
-if you acquire domains other than .COM make sure they are a small portion of your portfolio. .COM is what sells not all the obscure extensions that have recently launched and which novice investors are wasting precious resources on thinking they have the next best thing to Travel.com History has shown repeatedly that new extensions turn out to be poor investments for most participants.
-learn about Google's Keyword Planner tool

•••
Read , read, read and read some more...

Here are a few blogs that can be additional help...
DNJournal.com
DomainIncite.com
DomainInvesting.com
DomainNameWire.com
Domaining.com
DomainSherpa.com
DomainShane.com
MorganLinton.com
TLDInvestors.com

Watch daily sales...
namebio.com
dnpric.es
llllsales.com

Just remember that what ever you register comes with renewals fees after a year, so ensure you can sell to cover costs or you will be running your business at a loss.

Its better to spend $150 on a quality dropped domain than trying to hand register 15 x domains and try to flip for a quick sale... Once you gain some experience you may be able to hand register some future trends but they wont sell for a few years for decent ROI (return on investment)

I wish you the best of luck and success :)

•••
•••
a two word brandable is something like redbox.com hellofresh.com bluebunny.com happymonkey.com

Does it include two word acronym? like microsoft.com

•••
Yeah sure, but if I where you and this is the route you want to go. I would try to buy some on the aftermarket rather then hand reg them. You can find some that aren't to expensive you just need to be patient

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back