Dynadot

information New Domain Niche Created by the Corona Virus

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
Since the corona virus attacked the world just 90 days ago, I've registered about 150 new domains involving distancing, healthcare, takeout, and pickup and delivery of goods and services.

Some are calling what is evolving, "the new normal". One wouldn't think there would be much opportunity for domainers involving restaurants and food services, but I look at it differently than most. Diningin vs. Dingingout is here to stay for the foreseeable future.

Ten days ago I picked up on the Sedo sale of takeout.com for $21,500, and while I thought that price was cheap I've since learned the buyer paid a lot more than the quoted price. How much more? I don't know, but I was told it was considerably more.

As a result I believe many full service sit down restaurants will become takeout restaurants....thousands of them:xf.wink:

Anyone else see this like i do? We all gotta eat:xf.smile:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nope, once the virus is gone, things will pretty much go back to normal, same as with all the pandemics. Social distancing and covid names are a waste of money, unless you can sell them in the height of the pandemic to fellow domainers.

Takeout.com is always going to be valuable, pandemic or no pandemic.

•••
Nope, once the virus is gone, things will pretty much go back to normal, same as with all the pandemics. Social distancing and covid names are a waste of money, unless you can sell them in the height of the pandemic to fellow domainers.

Takeout.com is always going to be valuable, pandemic or no pandemic.
That's OK Giles....most (not all) of my ideas over the past have generated millions of dollars in revenue. When you see the plans I have for Pops Ribs:xf.wink: and the outside/roadside and "takeout" dining I have planned, your opinion will be just that.

You like ribs Giles? Do you cook ribs? Do you grill'm? Outside? Are you a Pop? Do you have a Pop?

Enough clues...you should be able to take it from there...Good Luck!

•••
•••
I think the world has changed companies and business are now seeing the void they have in online marketing and developing an online presence in that aspect some domains will hold value that is related to deliveries and online shopping (personal opinion based on the change i seen in my own country)

Allot of people went nuts registering any domain with the word covid or corona in it they wasted there money in my opinion only few domains are worth something related to corona remember the guy that had the domain name corona.es ? or something like that and the Spanish government confiscated it after he refused the 10k offer ? his own greed bit him in the ass

Last edited:
•••
I think the world has changed companies and business are now seeing the void they have in online marketing and developing an online presence in that aspect some domains will hold value that is related to deliveries and online shopping (personal opinion based on the change i seen in my own country)

Allot of people went nuts registering any domain with the word covid or corona in it they wasted there money in my opinion only few domains are worth something related to corona remember the guy that had the domain name corona.es ? or something like that and the Spanish government confiscated it after he refused the 10k offer ? his own greed bit him in the ass
Thanks noneisnone...the closest thing I have to a Covid or Corona domain is PreventC.com and the "C" could stand for cancer. btw, i'm the one who researched your domain Geologian.com a few days ago because I really liked it. Do you mind if I ask what country you're from? It's my opinion that Covid-19 will change the way a lot of people do business, not to mention a lot of people will be going out of business:xf.frown: I'm pretty sure there will be more takeout, carryout and delivery etc., and I own a fair number of domains that are applicable.

Most everyone I know shops from home due to the corona virus, and I believe like you a lot of that will be part of the new normal, and the same thing goes for education.

Good luck my friend!

•••
That's OK Giles....most (not all) of my ideas over the past have generated millions of dollars in revenue. When you see the plans I have for Pops Ribs:xf.wink: and the outside/roadside and "takeout" dining I have planned, your opinion will be just that.

You like ribs Giles? Do you cook ribs? Do you grill'm? Outside? Are you a Pop? Do you have a Pop?

Enough clues...you should be able to take it from there...Good Luck!

I have no idea what you are on about. Grill'm? Pop? Ribs? I just said covid/pandemic names are a waste of money.

That's OK Giles....most (not all) of my ideas over the past have generated millions of dollars in revenue.

I don't think you would be on here trying to sell domains if this was the case :xf.wink:

•••
Thanks noneisnone...the closest thing I have to a Covid or Corona domain is PreventC.com and the "C" could stand for cancer. btw, i'm the one who researched your domain Geologian.com a few days ago because I really liked it. Do you mind if I ask what country you're from? It's my opinion that Covid-19 will change the way a lot of people do business, not to mention a lot of people will be going out of business:xf.frown: I'm pretty sure there will be more takeout, carryout and delivery etc., and I own a fair number of domains that are applicable.

Most everyone I know shops from home due to the corona virus, and I believe like you a lot of that will be part of the new normal, and the same thing goes for education.

Good luck my friend!
oh hey there didn't recognize you actually i would rather not say ^^
in general tho i rather stay away from anything that can be used to take advantage of people to each is own tho

•••
oh hey there didn't recognize you actually i would rather not say ^^
in general tho i rather stay away from anything that can be used to take advantage of people to each is own tho
Are you insinuating I would do something to "take advantage of people"? So much of what people hear or read is taken out of context....what did I say that gave you that impression? You said you're from another country....maybe I don't understand you, or you me?

Finally, as a former runner myself I like your domain VirtualJogging.com. I'm curious, how do you see it being used?

•••
I have no idea what you are on about. Grill'm? Pop? Ribs? I just said covid/pandemic names are a waste of money.

I don't think you would be on here trying to sell domains if this was the case :xf.wink:
So Giles...are you questioning my statement ".most (not all) of my ideas over the past have generated millions of dollars in revenue."? That's your choice, but I'd recommend you go to my "information link" here on NP and try and vet the information I posted there including my Linkedin bio. After all, i think that's why NP even has an info link.

Now back on topic....lets just agree to disagree. You see everything returning to the way we were before the pandemic, but I don't. That's neither a bad thing or a good thing. Make sense Giles?

•••
Are you insinuating I would do something to "take advantage of people"? So much of what people hear or read is taken out of context....what did I say that gave you that impression? You said you're from another country....maybe I don't understand you, or you me?

Finally, as a former runner myself I like your domain VirtualJogging.com. I'm curious, how do you see it being used?
thats not what i meant apologizes for the confusion i just think that any Domain name related to corona should be left to the governments and health institutes to register not investors.
as far a virtualjogging a vr workout game of some sort

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back