IT.COM

Never use ExpiredDomains.co.nz

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

singhhooda

Top Member
Impact
Hi,

I am here sharing my experience with them.

I had placed bids (back-order) for 2 domains with them.

For both the domains, amount always gets deducted when auction gets closed and their registration attempt starts later.

They are deducting amount irrespective of the point whether they are successfully able to catch and register the domain or not. When auction gets closed, amount gets deducted and after that they try to register the domain if catched.

Irrespective of the failed attempt, they deducted $24.5 and when asked for refund, below is their reply :
I've checked with our payment system and confirmed that the amount been not taken out from your card, it's initially set to "Authorisation" which means the DPS will hold the amount but won't take the money from your bank.
Please check with your bank for the amount to refund.

It has already been more than 10 days and I don't know what to do in such cases. I have removed the card from their system and would never use them in future.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Irrespective of the failed attempt, they deducted $24.5 and when asked for refund, below is their reply :
I've checked with our payment system and confirmed that the amount been not taken out from your card, it's initially set to "Authorisation" which means the DPS will hold the amount but won't take the money from your bank.
Please check with your bank for the amount to refund.

While I'm not endorsing the service provider, this is a common scenario. If the auth hasn't been released for over 10 days, you should contact them. They cannot charge you for this and you are fully safe, especially from your CC provider.

Just FYI, payment processing errors happen with most providers. I've had a similar occurrence with GoDaddy too. Soo, saying they are the worst on the basis of just this issue might be a little hyperbolic

•••
While I'm not endorsing the service provider, this is a common scenario. If the auth hasn't been released for over 10 days, you should contact them. They cannot charge you for this and you are fully safe, especially from your CC provider.

Just FYI, payment processing errors happen with most providers. I've had a similar occurrence with GoDaddy too. Soo, saying they are the worst on the basis of just this issue might be a little hyperbolic

I never judge things based on my one time experience.

It has happened multiple times (for 2 domains) so this is their common pattern, i.e, to deduct amount irrespective of registration is successful or not.

If it would have been just one-time case, I would not have shared this.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back