Dynadot

NetworkSolutions.com - NEVER USE THEM

Spaceship
Watch
NetworkSolutions.com

I went to networksolutions.com to just search for available domain names yesterday (February, 12, 2008). I noticed 0800Hotels.com went for 17,000 EUR yesterday so I wanted to see if there were any good 0800 names available. I typed in several that were taken but 2 that were not:

0800fly.com
0800Poker.com

I double checked godaddy to make sure they were available and they were. I was at work so I decided I like 0800Poker.com as my first 0800"keyword".com name but I would wait until I got home and I would then register it. Low an behold when I got home and logged on to godaddy, typed in the name, it was gone, along with 0800fly.com. I checked the whois and here it is.

Domain Name: 0800POKER.COM
Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
Name Server: NS1.RESERVEDDOMAINNAME.COM
Name Server: NS2.RESERVEDDOMAINNAME.COM
Updated Date: 12-feb-2008
Creation Date: 12-feb-2008
Expiration Date: 12-feb-2009

Coincidence, I think not.....hmmm sounds fishy to me. Has anyone else had this problem???

So my solution is to let everyone know about it and to spread the word to never use networksolutions.com, they are theifs.

I can still register the names, but it has to be thru them and I am not registering them for $35/each. If anyone else likes them, more power to ya.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm surprised that nobody mischievous has made a script that makes NSI auto search all the LLLL.net, or LLLLL.com, or LLLLLL.com, or even LLLLLLL.com. Then there'd be an artificial buyout. I wonder what this would do to NSI and the domain industry.

•••
PowerUp said:
I'm surprised that nobody mischievous has made a script that makes NSI auto search all the LLLL.net, or LLLLL.com, or LLLLLL.com, or even LLLLLLL.com.
Chances are they already anticipated that.

•••
I don't see the problem here..? Network Solutions is the registrar, not the registrant. It very well may be a coincidence. Things like this have happened a lot to me in the past.. If there's a name you want then register it, as waiting will only allow more time for others to register it.

•••
VYFX said:
I don't see the problem here.
People just don't like what they're doing, that's all, even though NetSol does
have a so-called valid reason for such.

•••
Domain Name: WeStoleThisNameFromYou.com
Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
Name Server: NS1.RESERVEDDOMAINNAME.COM
Name Server: NS2.RESERVEDDOMAINNAME.COM
Updated Date: 15-feb-2008
Creation Date: 15-feb-2008
Expiration Date: 15-feb-2009

Oh no :'(

•••
Server response:
Registrant:
This Domain is available at NetworkSolutions.com
13681 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 300
HERNDON, VA 20171
US

Domain Name: NETSOLWILLYANKFROMYOU.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Network Solutions, LLC
13681 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 300
HERNDON, VA 20171
US
1-888-642-9675 fax: 571-434-4620

Record expires on 15-Feb-2009.
Record created on 15-Feb-2008.
Database last updated on 15-Feb-2008 21:48:23 EST.

Domain servers in listed order:

ns1.reserveddomainname.com 205.178.190.55
ns2.reserveddomainname.com 205.178.189.55

•••
A while ago, I had some names stolen off me by NetSol, so I sent them a lengthy email expressing my disgust at what they were doing - here's the response I got:
Dear Jack Price,

Thank you for contacting Network Solutions. Your request was forwarded to my attention in the Executive Office.

I do apologize for any difficulties you may have experienced as it relates to the Domain Protection Service. I fully understand your concerns and would be happy to accommodate your request to release the domain. Please email me with the domain name or call me if you would like to discuss further.

I can be reached at 570-708-8700 ext 9125. Our office hours are Monday through Friday 9 AM - 6 PM Eastern Time.

Sincerely,

Tracy Lillis
Executive Office
NetworkSolutions
O: 570-708-8700 ext 9125 | F: 570-708-3077
[email protected] | www.networksolutions.com

•••
I never liked networksolutions.com I had to call them in america and went through big hassles becuase my client forgot his login details. It was really troublesome.

•••
Wow, i wished i had read these post a week ago,My boss just reg,a domain for one year and hosting with NetworkSOL,.......NamePros is the bomb baby!!!!!!!!Thanks guys!!!!!

•••
I tried searching for 15 junk names (like fsdjlrwui.com) and netsol grabbed every one of them. What if everyone searched for 30 or 40 junk names every day? their system would crash after awhile. Nothing illegal about it and it would force a change.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back