NameSilo

Network Solutions putting .NET domains in your account ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Asfas1000

Top Member
Impact
I just read this

https://domaininvesting.com/what-the-heck-is-going-on-here/

and out of curiosity went to check my NetSol account.

Dang !
Here it is : a .net that I don't need, and never ordered, sitting there in my account. It's the .net counterpart of a .com that I recently moved out of this registrar.

Any ideas why that happened ? Is it apresent of sorts ? But why no email notification then ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'd check to see if auto-renew has been activated on it aswell. If so, that's not good practice on their part.

•••
lol
pathetic
if true then its the lamest way to get some auto renewal cash possibility from people I ever saw!

•••
lol
pathetic
if true then its the lamest way to get some auto renewal cash possibility from people I ever saw!
I'd have to assume it's also illegal in some way if auto-renew is on. Even if they sent you an email asking if you wanted it and you didn't reply, no answer cannot be taken as a "yes". Not in British law anyway.

•••
I'd check to see if auto-renew has been activated on it aswell. If so, that's not good practice on their part.

Good point. I just checked, Auto-renew is off.

•••
I'd have to assume it's also illegal in some way if auto-renew is on. Even if they sent you an email asking if you wanted it and you didn't reply, no answer cannot be taken as a "yes". Not in British law anyway.

either that, or soon as you enter that site nothing is no longer illegal.

•••
•••
Good point. I just checked, Auto-renew is off.

they are sneaky in their ways... they probably knew you'd be checking it, and maybe they'll turn it on later.. or a short time before its due to renew .. keep checking it in future ;)

and if ever u argue "how come you set renewal status on my domains as you please?".. then they'll probably reply to you... "it wasn't your domain"

hahahha

cheers

Last edited:
•••
Oh well no harm done then really. Afternic - 299 BIN and forget about it lol.

Right. But the proper way to do this would be to simply ask "hey do you want this as a gift ? and you don't need to renew it". I had no idea until I read Elliott Silver's post !

•••
Right. But the proper way to do this would be to simply ask "hey do you want this as a gift ? and you don't need to renew it". I had no idea until I read Elliott Silver's post !
Yeah I agree. They think they're doing you a favour but they wouldn't do it if they thought it wouldn't be for their benefit in the long run.

•••
Lol I'm sceptical about everything in the domain world.

•••
6546565.JPG

•••
I have another story but it's the opposite..

I paid for a .net that is now with Network Solutions. It was a Tucows domain but was purchased by me via Godaddy auctions. I have been refunded a transfer fee but not the purchase price. Yet I have proof I bought it.

•••
Lol I'm sceptical about everything in the domain world.

well. that's kinda true.. but there are still things you should be more skeptical of than some others :)

•••
Yeah I agree. They think they're doing you a favour but they wouldn't do it IU F they thought it wouldn't be for their benefit in the long run.

That's probably correct. At least I hope they do things that work for both me and them (win-win).

•••
I have another story but it's the opposite..

I paid for a .net that is now with Network Solutions. It was a Tucows domain but was purchased by me via Godaddy auctions. I have been refunded a transfer fee but not the purchase price. Yet I have proof I bought it.

hmmmm makes one wonder.. is there a domainer on this planet who does not have a "netsol story". :)

•••
hmmmm makes one wonder.. is there a domainer on this planet who does not have a "netsol story". :)

yeah the blessed newcomers :xf.grin:

•••
•••
•••
Kind of reminds me of my cat that brings in dead rats as an unwanted gift.

Would be nice if they could get the .coms for some of my .nets...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back