Domain Empire

Network Solutions problems

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

creataweb

Some Guy with Awesome Senior High School PhotoTop Member
Impact
I wanted to post this about NetSol and something that happened to me recently.

This is partially to warn others to stay away if you're not sure about NetSol.

To make a super long story shorter here is what happened:

In September a thread was posted here on NP about a promo with NetSol. The promo was for a free domain transfer in so I figured I'll give it a try with a few names and see what happens. Well that's when the nightmare started.

I did the transaction and at the end of the process I saw a $0.00 charge so I went ahead with it. I used a pre-paid card to be safe from overcharges in the event of a charge or problem. None of my attempts worked when trying to verify via the email link afterward. I didn't think much of it at the time and assumed maybe the promo was limited to a few people.

Later I checked my CC and noticed a slew of charges. What happened was NetSol attempted to charge me many $1 fees (for auth) and a bunch of $9.99 fees as well. One $9.99 went thru and the rest were declined because of the pre-paid card limit. Fast forward a few days later and it happened once again when I received emails that I perceived to be updated links to verify my previous transfers. Every time I clicked the link they attempted to charge me again $9.99 each. All were declined in total except the $1 fees and $9.99 fee.

Immediately after my first charges were noticed I sent in a support ticket. Only reply was "please send more info" which I did. Receive zero replies after that. I then called. I got zero help on the phone and was told to send a fax. I sent the fax. It failed on the receiving end (my guess is I was not the only one being screwed and their lines were jammed.) I then emailed to 2 separate emails for support with the form and info they requested. Got zero replies back. Finally I opened a 2nd ticket and they just said to call. Real helpful team. I called again. This time the support rep did nothing except make excuses and telling me they received no emails even though I verified the correct support address. He said send it all again and wait. I did. Still no updates. It's been a week now since I tried the transfers and still have all the charges on my card and no refund in sight.

I called my CC to file a chargeback and was told to wait 1 more magical day to be sure.

If you were affected feel free to post here with your story.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
About time they rebrand to Network Problems :xf.laugh::xf.laugh::xf.laugh::xf.laugh::xf.laugh:

•••
Some registrars get the occasional praise from their clients, including domainers, but when was the last time we heard something positive about NS ?

•••
The promo was for a free domain transfer in so I figured I'll give it a try with a few names and see what happens.

When something seems too good to be true I won't touch it with 5ft long pole. Thanks for warning.

•••
Sorry to hear that creataweb, a few of us posted warnings in the original promo thread, as always they probably got buried in all the hype.

•••
Finally filed a complaint online with BBB and NetSol responded to the complaint saying they would refund me after admitting I was charged. They still never responded to me via email, phone, or support only on my complaint on the other website. I won't get my hopes up but it's kind of crazy to only get a response after bringing this public.

If you got charged wrongfully I suggest you do the same if you have no options left.

•••
Partial update: NetSol still has not responded even though I re-sent the paperwork / emails.

Still no refunds either. If you hooked up your bank account / credit card with them I would delete that before you get hit with all sorts of charges at some point.

•••
Still no response from NetSol. Totally ignored all my emails, tickets, faxes after second contact attempts.

Here is an excerpt showing an example of how scummy this company really is:

"Network Solutions LLC has agreed to settle Federal Trade Commission charges that it misled consumers who bought its web hosting services by promising a full refund if they canceled within 30 days. In reality, the company withheld substantial cancellation fees from most refunds.

In an administrative complaint, the FTC alleged that Network Solutions, a domain name registrar and web hosting provider, offered web hosting packages with a “30 Day Money Back Guarantee,” but did not adequately disclose that it withheld part of the refund – up to 30 percent – from customers who cancelled within 30 days of buying an annual or multi-year package and registering an included domain name.

The proposed settlement order prohibits Network Solutions from failing to clearly disclose, before obtaining a customer’s billing information, the material terms of any money-back guarantee, or failing to refund the full purchase price in response to a request that complies with the terms of a guarantee. The settlement also bars the company from misrepresenting material terms of any refund or cancellation policy or money-back guarantee, or any other material fact about web hosting."

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/pre...nt-network-solutions-llc-misleading-consumers

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back