IT.COM

Network Solutions horrendous customer service - What do I do?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

KnifeCatcher

Established Member
Impact
After I list my domains on the Afternic Premium network, I do receive the confirmation email from NetworkSolutions. I approve it....nothing happens. This also happens sporadically with Sedo MLS.

Their customer support is absolutely clueless. Whether it is on the phone or online.

Have a look at the response that I have received after writing an expansive email describing the issue.

What the hell do I do? I started moving my domains out into Dynadot, but that means a 2 months waiting period before I can list them
NS Support.PNG

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have just checked and the domain that I have moved from NS to Dynadot does no appear to have a lock on it. I still have 3 more in transfer (transfer takes around a week).

•••
If the domain has been transferred in the past 60 days then a transfer to another registrar may fail, we don't deny the transfer ourselves and do allow the domain to be unlocked and the authorization code accessed (in the case of a regular transfer away), but the central registry may still block the transfer to another registrar if the domain is less than 60 days old or was transferred in the past 60 days, unfortunately.
For .com/.net domains, verisign registry does not block such transfers. For simplicity, can you confirm the following please - If I transfer .com domain to Dynadot today, and decide to transfer it away from Dynadot tomorrow, will this work? Yes or No? In particular, will the system 1) allow the domain to be unlocked 2) show the authcode 3) provide an usual option to expedite outgoing transfer 4) allow the domain to leave dynadot either after 5 days, or as soon as explicit approval from the registrant is received.

P.S. I am speaking about new transfer-ins only. New .com/.net handregs are indeed 60 days locked by the registry. No questions in this case.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back