IT.COM

NetSol Nameservers

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
OK. I just won my first domain in years on SnapNames. It was placed in my old NetSol account. I would like to forward it to its parking page on one of my websites. My default nameservers (from before) were NS1.ABOVE.COM & NS2.ABOVE.COM, but these are basically redundant because I basically don't use Above.com anymore. So now I need to change this to my forwarding page on my website, which needs to use NetSol's default servers, Yes/No?. Knowing what a bitch NetSol can be about this. Will they expect to charge me to forward the domain to my landing page on my website? If not, I suppose it will be ok to change the NetSols servers? But what can I do for free once I'm on those servers. Can I forward to my landing page for free? If not. What is the best I can do to at least get it pointing away from NetSols servers for free?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Easy just set your own name servers and redirect it if you need a hand @stub let me know

I would always move your name out of netsol when you can

•••
Snap is the only reason to have a net sol :wtf:

I feel your pain, stub

•••
•••
Alternatively, might be easier... You can use netsols dns servers and change the A record for your domain to point to your hosting accounts ip address. Then add a forwarder for the domain to whatever page you prefer in your hosting panel.

•••
Thank to @NameDeck & @wizard, this was an easy fix

1) Change to or Keep NetSols Nameservers, Change the A records to your hosting's IP Address.
2) Create an addon domain in your hosting on the domain where you are going to redirect, and redirect to your landing page.

It worked in less than 2 hours although Netsol said it might be 36-48hrs :)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back