IT.COM

NetSol Domain Forwarding

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
NetSol, as usual, make everything over-complicated. I occasionally acquire a few names registered at NetSol, and their group of sub-registers. The domains generally end up in my NetSol Account. I can figure out enough to change the nameservers (to my above.com account). But I just cannot figure out how to send a domain to it's parking page on my website. I suppose I need to deal with their Advanced DNS. Normally I don't ever get involved with these settings, at any registrar.

Can someone, anyone, tell me how to use the NetSol servers and to forward a domain to it's parking page at my website? Any assistance will be gratefully received. Since, from where I'm sitting, it looks impossible to do.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think first you should reset nameservers to default under construction page, then go to advance DNS and edit IP records (www, @, *) change IP to your hosting webserver address (landing page), keep TTL as it is.

•••
I think first you should reset nameservers to default under construction page, then go to advance DNS and edit IP records (www, @, *) change IP to your hosting webserver address (landing page), keep TTL as it is.

Thanks. It's after midnight here. I'll have a go at this in the morning. With a clear head.

So I change all three settings to the URL I want to send visitors to. Is that what you are saying?

•••
All three IP setting to IP (digits , example: 127.234.121.304) to your web-hosting address (digits as well), it will forward domains to your main website page not specific page. I wont work if your site is hosted on shared server (only dedicated server), NetSol has an option of buying web forwarding option for about $11/y (free at most registrars).

•••
All three IP setting to IP (digits , example: 127.234.121.304) to your web-hosting address (digits as well), it will forward domains to your main website page not specific page. I wont work if your site is hosted on shared server (only dedicated server), NetSol has an option of buying web forwarding option for about $11/y (free at most registrars).

I presume there is an example which needs to be overwritten? I'm using a VPS with it's own IP Address. But I have many domains on the VPS. If I'm only using the IP Address, it's not going to work. I presume the option to buy forwarding is on a domain basis, not for the account. Which means I'm going to be unable to forward these domains to their parking pages. !@#$. I probably will have to put up with them going to Above.com until they are transferred after 60 days. Which has been what I've been doing, to date. Thanks.

•••
Not sure if there is another option, NetSol charges web forwarding on a domain basis, but if you main site has it's own IP there is no harm of testing IP change, I think you can create your own name servers on VPS (ns1.yourdomain.com and ns2.yourdomain.com) in which then you can direct other domains to.

•••
Can't you just change the NS to ns1."whatever-host".com and ns2."whatever-host".com then configure the rest in your hosting itself? That's what I've done (not with NetSol necessarily but it's all the same right?)

•••
Can't you just change the NS to ns1."whatever-host".com and ns2."whatever-host".com then configure the rest in your hosting itself? That's what I've done (not with NetSol necessarily but it's all the same right?)

This sounds simple enough for me to understand. What do I need to do to configure it. I'll also ask my host.

•••
Point your domain to your hosting account, use a redirect future from your Cpanel account to forward your name anywhere.

That's it.

•••
Point your domain to your hosting account, use a redirect future from your Cpanel account to forward your name anywhere.

That's it.

Thanks. I'm looking into it. Presumably this needs a wildcard feature for the domain name?

Last edited:
•••
Thanks. I'm looking into it. Presumably this needs a wildcard feature for the domain name?

There are lots of options once you point name to your own hosting,

Screenshot_2019-01-29-12-52-47-430_com.android.chrome.png

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back