Domain Empire

Netsol "Unregisters" My Domain After It Was Sold

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Juniorsilver

Established Member
Impact
This story may seem stranger than fiction.

I registered a domain on the 26th of August, its a Geo Domain. For the first time, I get an offer in less than 5 hours of sending sales letters. Imagine my joy. Negotiated and agreed on price.

Just so we are clear, the domain was in my portfolio, and I had even changed the Name Servers to point to Dan. So its not a situation where I was waiting for the domain to land.

Come 27th, DAN notified me that the buyer has paid and I informed them that the Domain is domiciled on Netsol. Yesterday, 28th, I got a mail from paypal that I got a refund from Netsol, I was too busy to check why I got a refund so I ignored it. That was a big mistake.

Today, 29th, I tried login to netsol but there were issues, it wasn't working. I thought I was banned or something. Asked a couple of domainers to help me check. But no issues from their end. I just had a hunch to check WhoIs for the domain I sold, and to my shock, the registrar was Dynadot and Not Netsol. How did that happen? I do not know. And the cutomer care agent I reached could not even answer how it happened.

Although its a small amount... but for me its not small because it's a milestone for me. I lost the deal of $375 and the person that noticed it was still available has successfully sold it for $400 to a different buyer.

Is there any action that can be taken against Netsol by the way. I have no hopes on that regard though

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Netsol deleted your domain. As it was a fresh reg (<5 days old), it became available for anybody to register without a common waiting period (Redemption Period, Pending Delete). Somebody else regged it via Dynadot.
Why did netsol delete it? Maybe the didn't like your payment and guessed some sort of a fraud? I doubt they'll tell you.
Open question: if it was a handreg, why did you select this... mmm... unfriendly registrar?

•••
Netsol deleted your domain. As it was a fresh reg (<5 days old), it became available for anybody to register without a common waiting period (Redemption Period, Pending Delete). Somebody else regged it via Dynadot.
Why did netsol delete it? Maybe the didn't like your payment and guessed some sort of a fraud? I doubt they'll tell you.
Open question: if it was a handreg, why did you select this... mmm... unfriendly registrar?

Well being tight on cash and trying to make the best of every resource. I used the $4.95 promo code. And the payment method is same as I have always used with them, PayPal. Why didn't they delete the others?
They just had to pick the one domain that I have sold out of about 10 domains I have with them.

•••
So, check promo terms and conditions. It may well be that it was for new customers only, or there might be something else making you not eligible to use it. So, all was more or less instant. No promo for you --> all reversed (domain deleted, $$$ returned).

Last edited:
•••
Netsol? You are on your owm

•••
Was it a freshly expired name registered on the drop? I've received many refunds from GoDaddy on freshly expired hand regs when those drop catching scripts started coming out.

•••
@Juniorsilver what date whois showing as registered? 26th or 27th or 28th ?

•••
As it was a fresh reg (<5 days old), it became available for anybody to register without a common waiting period (Redemption Period, Pending Delete). Somebody else regged it via Dynadot.
Looks like the Add Grace Period where the registrar can delete a new registration within a five day window. The AGP allows registrars to delete domain names where payment has failed among other things rather than carrying the cost of the registration itself.

Regards...jmcc

•••
A bad payment is not the only reason. If you do not respond to their emails to verify your account email they can cancel those registrations and I have heard that happen to other people.

•••
why people still use registrars that many people complain about. think ahead!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back