Domain Empire

NetSol - Auto Registering Domains For You

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NameAcquisitions

Name Acquisitions/SalesVIP Member
Impact
Curious if this is new, or just new for me. Apparently, NetSol did me the favor of auto-registering a .net for me. Not really a fan of finding new domains I don't want in my account.

"We value your business and know how important your domain services are to you. At Network Solutions, we take brand protection seriously. In order to help safeguard your brand, we created the Brand Protection Program that provides you with a complimentary .NET domain that matches your existing domain."

"If you choose to not participate in this program, simply visit the following link to decline your complimentary .NET domain by February 1, 2017:"

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As a UX designer by trade, I hate dark patterns like this - so if you happen to not see that notice, and don't decline it, do they bill you for it?

•••
Doesn't complementary mean free? If so, sell the name and say thank you very much. :)

•••
the deal is,
they give you a free matching domain in alternate extension, then when renewal time comes, they send you renewal notices for those names and any other "value-added" extras like web forwarding and privacy.

previously, they gave me the same name i have in .com, to one with a .design extension and they gave me the .xyz for another name.

and because of this post, i checked my account today, and saw that they have now given me the .net of a .com i own.
they also added "web-forwarding" to that name, which has a cost, though other registrars like enom, provide it free.

imo....

•••
Wait . . there are people who willingly and voluntarily use NetSol?

: wink : actually another recent thread improved my opinion of them

I like @Kuffy 's suggestion

•••
Yeah, if it's complimentary, that's awesome - I've been burned on "complimentary" before so that's why I posed the question. @Kuffy 's idea is great.

•••
•••
Yes, as Biggie mentioned, there was no charge for it. They (presumably) are hoping to get you on the renewal. I get so many messages from them I did NOT see it, so I did find the domain in my account.

I deleted all payment info as I rarely use NetSol, and could see this easily ending up in high automatic renewal charges for .nets I don't need.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back