Domain Empire

discuss .NET 1.88 Sale - Hurt Or Help .NET?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Do $1.88 Sales Hurt Or Help .NET

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Help

votes
    31.6%
  • Hurt

vote
    5.3%
  • Doesn't Matter

votes
    63.2%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
Everyone seems to say the the 1 cent and other specials run by .xyz hurt the extension and devalued it. Will this be the same for .net. I mean, it seems like the discounted price and ignited some registrations, but will it help or hurt .net?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I vote for Doesn't Matter
.net is awful..:unsure:

•••
I don't think it will hurt the sales of .net since the .extension has been around for a long time.

•••
I think it may get more .net names purchased. Has to help by reviving some interest in the extension.

•••
One had proven itself over 20+ years and wanted to reward those interested and stimulate registrations, the other was desperate to further inflate its interest by dumping garbage into the market for the smallest denomination of currency possible...not much of a comparison

•••
Doesn't Matter
Don't reg numerics. Save your money! JMO

Last edited:
•••
To get sort of predictions of the next Verisign discount, follow VRSN stock.

z

Attachments

• z.png
    z.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 2
•••
.NET has been around for 20+ years and is well known.
I don't think the promotion has much effect either way.

Brad

•••
I do not think so , great deal for .net .

•••
•••
There are promos for .com/.net/.org from time to time... nothing new.

•••
I think this tactic (if more than just a short term promo) has more to do with Verisign defensively wanting to hurt ngTLD's than anything to do with their own bottom line.

If someone chooses a .net over a $25 ngTLD then that's $25 less marketing dollars potentially not spent against Verisign's .com interests.

•••
Trends could buck new gtld's and go .net when enough coms are taken. It is technically next in line to dot com.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back