advice Negotiating with potential buyer

NameSilo
Watch

BuyWebDomains

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Hi,
After some advice please.

Received an inbound offer on a WeChip 4L.org, only purchased from another NamePros member a couple of weeks. The offer was a straight $500.

Obviously the 60 day lock is in place so the domain can only be pushed. If the initial offer was $500 what do you think my next move should be?

Thanks,
Steve

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Normally if the initial offer was made by the potential buyer then that's more than likely the least they are willing to pay.

If it was me I would counter the offer (counter higher than what you want for the domain and let the potential buyer negotiate you down the the price that you actually want)

•••
I agree with deez007. An initial offer of $500 indicates the buyer may be willing to pay much more. I would not over do it, especially with a .ORG name, but I would counter with a higher price, giving a hint that I am still willing to be a little flexible, so I don't lose the sale. $500 on a 4L .org is not a low ball offer, so the potential buyer is a serious client.

•••
$500 initial offer for a .Org is strong, I personally wouldn't push it far past that. You could suggest $1,200/$1,400 but you take the chance of losing what I believe to be a solid offer.
Either way best of luck and please keep us updated.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back