IT.COM

Need your help guys!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hey guys,
I recieved my first C&D this week for a name i have registered,its an .li, as far as i know the company has no trademark in Liechtenstein but i dont know for sure.The letter they sent is pretty much the standard from what i have been reading,10 days to get in touch about giving over the name or its to court i go and the costs will be huge etc etc,what do i do?It earns some rev and i would like to keep it or at least work out a little deal with them for it,can anyone let me know what i should do?The company is based in europe but since liechtenstein is not in the eu do they have a right to it?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How is this not europe? http://wonderclub.com/Atlas/li.htm

I won't pretend to know what i'm talking about when it comes to this, but I'd imagine if it's not making $x,xxx in revenue... it's not a battle worth fighting.

You need to watch out for scare tactics with no backing though.

Is it developed or is it parked? Actually posting some of the letter you got and the name in question would help us help you.

•••
Its geographically in europe but not 'legally' a member of the european union, i.e. european law.I just think there could be an option for them to deal with me.

•••
If you don't post the domain name its hard to give you an opinion.

But it doesn't matter where they are located, if they do have a right to it, they can file a UDRP (which is international) and take it from you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back