Dynadot

advice Need Help Liquidating Portfolio

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MitchH

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

Does anyone have advice on how and where to liquidate a domain portfolio? My wife and I had a son who was born prematurely and requiring a lot of medical attention in the NICU. I'm hoping to liquidate my domains to help with the medical bills. My portfolio isn't that strong (a few brandable and 4L), so I likely won't get a lot for them, but it's better than nothing. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I wish your famliy the best. I can not help with your question sadly but man I root for you!

•••
Hi Mitchell,

Wishing your family all the best. Your son just couldn't wait to get out into the world! He will be a leader!

As to your domains, the fastest way to unload them would probably be right here on NP. You would get paid the fastest but probably get the least amount of $.

I looked over your portfolio of 42 domains, and I saw at least one liquid domain. The others are mostly brandable and keyword domains.

My advice would be to hold onto them for now. You have several that I view as strong names although not liquid.

Feel free to reach out via pm if I can be of any help. Because I don't know how much you spent collecting your domains, not sure what prices you would need in order to break even or profit some.

All the best! Congratulations on the new addition to your family!

•••
We are domain name investors and there should be at least 10 or so domain name investors that will take a punt and liquidate a portfolio instantly with money paid within the hour etc

The industry needs a few pawnbrokers that can make fast instant decisions which adds liquidity to the industry

The absence of which prevents the industry from increasing in size

Eg much of the used car industry exists because people can exchange a car they no longer want and used that cash to buy a car they do want

That doesn't yet exist within the domain name industry

Congrats on the new addition

•••
•••
Hi Mitchell,

Wishing your family all the best. Your son just couldn't wait to get out into the world! He will be a leader!

As to your domains, the fastest way to unload them would probably be right here on NP. You would get paid the fastest but probably get the least amount of $.

I looked over your portfolio of 42 domains, and I saw at least one liquid domain. The others are mostly brandable and keyword domains.

My advice would be to hold onto them for now. You have several that I view as strong names although not liquid.

Feel free to reach out via pm if I can be of any help. Because I don't know how much you spent collecting your domains, not sure what prices you would need in order to break even or profit some.

All the best! Congratulations on the new addition to your family!

I really appreciate your feedback and support! He's getting stronger each day, but it's a long road ahead. My plan was to hold on to the domains for the long-term. Overall, I have invested a few thousand dollars with the hope they appreciate over time and find a suitable end user. Unfortunately, I'm just looking to receive my money back on my initial investment or slightly more if possible, but I think the likelihood of that is slim. Which domains do believe are the strongest? Thanks again for your thoughtful response!

•••
We are domain name investors and there should be at least 10 or so domain name investors that will take a punt and liquidate a portfolio instantly with money paid within the hour etc

The industry needs a few pawnbrokers that can make fast instant decisions which adds liquidity to the industry

The absence of which prevents the industry from increasing in size

Eg much of the used car industry exists because people can exchange a car they no longer want and used that cash to buy a car they do want

That doesn't yet exist within the domain name industry

Congrats on the new addition

Thanks for your response and insight! It's a difficult industry overall, maybe someday a more equitable exchange system will exist.

•••
liquidation will usually get you pennies on the dollar, even less if you sell as a portfolio

might be best to list with price individually and offer volume discounts

hope the best with the newborn

•••
I would add my thoughts with you and your family.

I wonder if the recently announced Uniregistry program to buy portfolios might be an option?

The UWWR should be pretty liquid. Most of the others as brandables would take a longer time to find a buyer.

Hopefully someone on NPs is in position to either buy them as you desire, or knows of someone who buys brandable portfolios.

Thinking of you at this stressful time.

Bob

•••
liquidation will usually get you pennies on the dollar, even less if you sell as a portfolio

might be best to list with price individually and offer volume discounts

hope the best with the newborn

You're absolutely right, but my options are limited at this point. I'm not sure what else to do.

I appreciate your support!

•••
I would add my thoughts with you and your family.

I wonder if the recently announced Uniregistry program to buy portfolios might be an option?

The UWWR should be pretty liquid. Most of the others as brandables would take a longer time to find a buyer.

Hopefully someone on NPs is in position to either buy them as you desire, or knows of someone who buys brandable portfolios.

Thinking of you at this stressful time.

Bob

Thanks for your thoughtful response, Bob!

I like UWWR as well. With time, I would probably receive a nice return, but time is not on my side at the moment. I'm doing my best to reach out to possible end users, but I'm not very good at doing that. So that's also why I'm using NP to see if anyone may be interested, even though I know I'll receive considerably less than what I was hoping. That's ok though, just trying to gather as much money as I can.

•••
Hello Mitchell,
Congrats on your new baby, and best wishes for strength and endurance for him and your family.
I had also thought of the idea @Bob Hawkes suggested, of possibly submitting your portfolio to the new Uniregistry domain liquidation program. However ... I'm not sure how solid that program is, as I don't know of too many folks receiving offers for their submissions, and I haven't heard from them four weeks after submitting my list of names.
I'm not sure where your domains are registered, but I've had luck selling some of my lower value domains on NameCheap. I go in and relist them every week because most of them sell in the last day or two of the sales period.
I've sold 14 domains there in the last few months, and several of these didn't get any bids when I listed them here on NamePros. I'm pretty sure you'd get better prices there than you would on NP.
Again, best to you and your family.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back