IT.COM

Need Help - Is it possible to backorder/drop catch domains that are registered on GoDaddy?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Chief7000

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
So I noticed that GoDaddy puts their domains on their Expired Auction platform after 26 days of no renewal. However, the domain owner has up to day 42 to renew their domain and if they do they auction ends.

My question is, if GoDaddy already starts auctioning off the domain before it fully expires/drops, is it not possible to use services like SnapNames/DropCatch to pick up expiring domains that are registered on GoDaddy?

Just wondering if I should even bother trying to backorder a name if I see it's registered on GoDaddy. Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Simply put, the name will first be available on GD auctions where you (but not only you) have to chance to buy it. If nobody bids on it then it will be allowed to drop as per standard domain lifecycle and then any dropcatcher can try to snag it.

•••
I won a Godaddy registered domain (99% sure as I checked the whois multiple times) last year through Namejet, so it is possible, but probably not very likely.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back