Dynadot

Need a Domain Name CHEAP?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

OurPortfolio

Account Closed
Impact
Hey Guys,

I was searching some sites and I came across this Website were you can Register Domain Names for ONLY $3.99. They have the following extensions available: .com, .net, .org, .biz, .info, and .us. What do you get with your Domain? Free URL Forwarding, Free Email Forwarding, Full Domain Admin, Web Hosting for $7.95 (Free Domain, do not add the $3.99), Anti-Spam System for $6.99 a year, and Business Card Page for $4.99. It is also powered by www.globat.com. Just tought I should let you Guys know. :)

Oh, almost forgot to put the site, lol, it's www.domainsarefree.com ... Enjoy!

Regards,
Danny

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeah, but "One special offer purchase a week only". I..e one $3.99 name per week.
Still not bad.

There's also myvaluehost.com, a max of 10 names can be reg'd there at $4 each p/person (or p. account??). Dunno if that comes with any (further) restrictions, make sure to read their terms/conditions.

Provide and Prosper!
Rob

•••
also I have heard they don't offer things such as dns etc,etc.. you need to pay extra

•••
No free pushes etc also with such registrars. I still prefer registerfly and namecheap. :)

•••
Prosperous said:
Yeah, but "One special offer purchase a week only". I..e one $3.99 name per week.
Still not bad.

There's also myvaluehost.com, a max of 10 names can be reg'd there at $4 each p/person (or p. account??). Dunno if that comes with any (further) restrictions, make sure to read their terms/conditions.

Provide and Prosper!
Rob

its $4 for the first year after you paymore. and the domains at $3,99 don't accept paypal.

•••
Most of the cheaper registrars along those lines come with less features. If you are planning to just have the name for yourself and not sell, then it should be fine. But like the saying goes, "You get what you pay for". I'd rather pay extra for a name and receive the quality features and support, instead of a cheaper company with less features. They can also be hard to transfer or push a name as well. Always be sure to check out all of the aspects with a registrar before registering any names.

Also with a name that is DomainsAreFree but they charge for the names, then that should tell you something. :laugh:

•••
Does anyone know why alot of registrars who sell domains for around $3.99 don't accept PayPal and only accept Credit Card payments?

•••
there is always a "catch" when you buy at bargin...you either pay more later or get zero service/support;)

•••
I registered one on myvaluehost.com for $4 a few days ago. Now I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to register more there or go to a different register. They are fast answering questions and I have not had any problem with them. I am planing on selling the domain in a few weeks(when I get some Sedo statices; its getting some traffic). Would it make a differents to people if its at this register? Would it cause people to change their mind about buying it? Also, if the above is true what are some good cheap places that would not cause this.

•••
I came across them a year or so ago.

I was intrigued by the pricing, but never actually "trusted" them.

Too good to be true, IMHO.

Thanks for the link though:tu:!

True_Snake

•••
DomainsAreFree no good always receive spam even i had moved my domain away from them. Hard to transfer. No a good one for domainers. We will find it hard when you want to sell a domain to others . You can 't push , you can't change password(very difficult-after a few mails)

•••
Well thanks for the Feedback on this Guys ... I really appreicate this, now I know not to sue it, lol. Anyways, thanks.

Regard,
Danny

•••
Good luck, As someone else said, i'd stick with the good ole namecheap.com, RegisterFly.com or if you are hard up, Godaddy.com

•••
yah many more site offer domain with hosting free of cost see searh with many more site

•••
I've never used it, was planning on though. I use Godaddy.com for my Domain.

Regards,
Danny

•••
ipower

What does everyone think of ipower? I registered there for $5.50 and didn't find any catches (unless I missed some).

•••
vinny1957 said:
What does everyone think of ipower? I registered there for $5.50 and didn't find any catches (unless I missed some).
Can we order it even we didn't pay for webhosting?

•••
inspiration100 said:
Good luck, As someone else said, i'd stick with the good ole namecheap.com, RegisterFly.com or if you are hard up, Godaddy.com

you can also give DomainSite.com a try ;)

•••
In response to a question above as to why people who sell names for $3.99 don't accept paypal . . .

May be due to the fact that paypal take too large a share in fees for small sales??

•••
CommunityZ said:
vinny1957 said:
Can we order it even we didn't pay for webhosting?

I know for myvaluehost that you don't have to buy hosting. I think with the others you don't have to buy hosting.

•••
swimjenni said:
Would it make a differents to people if its at this register? Would it cause people to change their mind about buying it?

It could possibly affect its sale with some interested buyers, but most likely if they want the name bad enough and can request a transfer out to their registrar of choice they would prob. still buy it.

Mike

•••
I have a few domains regged with domainsarefree and haven´t had a problem with them.You do get DNS control included in the price , the only thing I don´t like much about their service is that you dont get a centralized controlp panel for all your domains, you have to login to each of them separately if you want to change something.
I haven´t tried anything like pushing domains though, so I can´t tell you about that...

•••
Weeeeell I just HAD to go jinx my perfect record with domainsarefree.com with my previous post....
This morning I can`t login into any of my domains registered with them...
I tried contacting support and it gives me an internal server error :'(
Anyone else have domains registered with them that can confirm this?
I can login in to one of my domains and when I try to do anything it says "invalid login credentials supplied".
Just great....

•••
I will never use any of these cheap, no-name, unknown registrars. I'm sure many old timers here feel the same way. Stick to the more well known registrars, dont fall for the old hook line and sinker deals...

•••
It`s been fixed now. I can attest that globat support works and I got a "quick" response (a couple of hours) but I`m still not happy because the support form on domainsarefree.com isn`t working (at least it wasn`t this morning), so I had to go to globat.com (domainsarefree.com is a subdivision of globat apparently) and submit a trouble ticket from there.

I have emailed them and am trying to get them to sort this problem out.They seem to have some kind of problem with their control panel migration or something.

Anyway, does anyone know of a good registrar that offers cheap transfers? :|
Godaddy has transfers for around $7 I think and they include a one year extension on the domain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back